The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

SkyUI
xVerified Nov 6, 2016 @ 8:40pm
After unsubscribe, and removing from launcher - game crashes
I am unable to continue my save now, once I load the game, and try to exit a door, or fast travel, the game crashes.

If I reinstall and subscribe to SkyUI, my saves work. It has corrupted my saves, and I'm unable to play without it.

I just want the Vanilla menu back, but I can't,.

Sucks, I'm level 43.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Nox Nov 7, 2016 @ 9:55am 
If you save with mods, that save will usually not work without those mods. This is unfortunate, but a reality for most mods. You either keep the mods, or start again.

Why would you want the vanilla menu back anyway? The only reason I'm not playing the SE is because SkyUI isn't out for it yet.
xVerified Nov 7, 2016 @ 11:31am 
Because SkyUI is slow, and takes a few extra seconds over the vanilla menu. SkyUI has a nice interface, it just slows down gameplay, and doesn't necessarily add anything for me, other than a cleaner look.

I won't use it moving forward, but am forced to use it for the remainder of this playthrough. I'm attempting to 100% this playthrough for achievements, but now stuck with the laggy SkyUI.

Chewie Nov 7, 2016 @ 5:46pm 
I've run into the same problem with this mod and I decided that I didn't want it, unaware of that if I get rid of it my saves will be corrupted by the mod, I've been trying to get my game back for a week now because my game will just refuse to load, I get the steam message saying that it's loading then it stops and restarts, I have no idea what is going on and I'm now going to have to buy the SE just to play the game again.

If someone can give me some advice on how to get my game back then I would be very greatful to them.
Nox Nov 7, 2016 @ 5:52pm 
"Corrupting" the saves is one thing, but I don't think removing the mod can cause the game to just not launch. Have you tried repairing it, or doing a clean install?
Chewie Nov 7, 2016 @ 6:05pm 
I've removed all mods from the workshop as well as from the files, uninstalled it and re installed it, I'm not the best with PC's as I prefer consoles to avoid situations such as these, so they have just told me the things that would fix the game, after that I've been trying to find steam and bethesda discussions with details on what to do about how to fix the game.
xVerified Nov 7, 2016 @ 7:23pm 
You should still be able to launch the game and play it, you'll just need to restart from the very beginning.

I have decided to go ahead and resubscribe to the SkyUI mod, and use it for now. I'm level 46 and don't want to restart. So I'll have to deal with the clucky, slow, delayed SkyUI until I decide to start a new character, I'll run without the mod.

Make sure to unsubscribe from the workshop, launch the game, on the game launcher, choose Data Files, then make sure SkyUI is deleted from there.

Then close and restart the game again, and you'll be able to start a fresh game without the UI, but you'll be back at the beginning of the game from scratch at level 1.

Chewie Nov 7, 2016 @ 7:58pm 
No, that doesn't work, the game doesn't even get as far as the data files, I cannot get into the game to play it anymore, with or without the SkyUI mod.
xVerified Nov 7, 2016 @ 9:02pm 
That doesn't sound right at all. I'd recommend uninstalling the game, restarting steam, reinstalling the game, then verifying the game file integrity.

SevenEmber Nov 13, 2016 @ 6:21am 
Verified -- My question is, are you playing the game through Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)? If not, then that is the source of the menu lag. It's a separate downlowd on Steam and after installation you'll launch the game through SKSE. It sounds like alot of trouble, but it really isn't.
Noca Dec 12, 2016 @ 8:13pm 
I know it runs better SKSE but my issue is that they should tell you, if you install this mod you cannot uninstall it if there is a way to uninstall it i sure cant find it.

My issue is i like this mod but its really laggy, it causes my game to crash alot im going to try useing SKSE just to see if it makes any diffrence.

Hopfully everyone finds a way to figure this out, it sucks restarting when your far into the game.
xVerified Dec 12, 2016 @ 8:15pm 
I finally installed SKSE, and launched SKSE first, and it then auto launched Skyrim. My game runs much smoother and I get higher framerate now, also the menus are working after adding SKSE.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50