Here There Be Monsters
Araanim  [developer] Jul 22, 2013 @ 5:58pm
I need some help!
Alright, so there's some kinks I've still never worked out, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers:

-I want to skin an ice wraith onto a slaughterfish skeleton. The ice wraith (as you have all seen) is extremely buggy and flies like 80' above the ground. A slaughterfish, however, behaves quite well in the water (obviously) and actually slithers across the ground quite well. If I had an ice wraith that moved with a slaughterfish's animations, it would slither on the ground and fight quite well. Does anyone know if this is even remotely possible? I feel like it should simply be linking the ice wraith's model to the slaughterfish's skeleton, but I have no idea if it can be done.

-This one seems fairly simple, but I'm not sure how to achieve it. I want the Hunter, once you first meet him, to move to a new location (his ship) after you kill Iku-Turso. I imagine that's just a simple script command, but I cannot for the life of me find it.

-I really want to make the Hunter's ship movable. I know the items in a player home (the ones you get when you upgrade) are actually positioned off of the screen and then move into the house when you purchase them. I feel like I could do this with all the pieces of his ship and have it move from place to place. I'm not even talking about driveable, I just want to be able to warp from lair to lair so you can fight monsters with it.

-Also, when using the ship to fight monsters, I'm trying to figure out how to reload a Dwarven ballista. It's seems like such a simple act to pull a lever and reset the trap, but I can't figure out how.

-I still haven't made the Hunter hireable, and I'm not sure why. It might just be that his voice isn't one of the available follower voices.

If anybody has any pointers for trying to work this stuff out, please let me know. I know people really like this mod and I want to make it worth playing. Thanks for everyone's help and support. Blessings of the Nine to ye.
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
『Kagerou』 Oct 21, 2013 @ 9:21pm 
Although i'm not a modder myself, i do have an idea of what could be done to fix some of these problems, but i can't actually do/explain any of them in detail.

1. About the hunter moving locations, i've seen some quest mods where it does a blackout, then black-in sort of effect where the game unloads a object and reloads a seperate (but same visually to the player) object somewhere else.
Ex: You kill Iku-Turso, then once the Hunter thanks you, the screen fades out and a text box appears saying "Maybe I'll see him somewhere else, i should check (Insert area here) sometime." and the screen fades in with the boat and hunter gone.

2. You could make the Hunter like a follower, but then you would need something like "Fus Ro D'oh - Silent Voice" (another mod) so the game shows subtitles even though there is no actual voice.

3. As for the Ice Wraith retexture of a slaughterfish, i think you're gonna need someone who can do art to retexture it for you or something.

Hope these ideas can help other people help you Araanim. I can't wait to see more from this mod. Blessings of the Nine to you as well.
Last edited by 『Kagerou』; Oct 21, 2013 @ 9:22pm
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50