Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Magic Science - Shift
mind-alien  [developer] May 3, 2014 @ 1:53pm
If "no", why?
for who vote "no, thanks" is there any good reason ??
Last edited by mind-alien; May 3, 2014 @ 1:54pm
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
forr3al | finitewhite May 4, 2014 @ 2:15am 
It's basicly a second portal.
rbnzdave May 4, 2014 @ 2:23am 
yeah sorry had written my response in the wrong place. So you're trying to release a bad version of portal on a steam platform. Good luck with that.
mind-alien  [developer] May 4, 2014 @ 2:38am 
which part is look like portal ??
Last edited by mind-alien; May 4, 2014 @ 2:40am
C0untzer0 May 4, 2014 @ 3:13am 
Originally posted by SP finitewhite:
It's basicly a second portal.
*Third*
Also the fact that every sentence in your description has a mistake and you couldn't be bothered to check it. That doesn't fill me with confidence as to your due developmental/debugging dilligence.
Бyхгалтер May 4, 2014 @ 3:14am 
nikolka216 May 4, 2014 @ 3:45am 
Я незнаю)
maddingue May 4, 2014 @ 9:11am 
Why do I vote "No"?
Because it looks like a mediocre copy of Portal. Mediocre in all aspects.

Story — Apparently, your game has no story. Half of the success of Portal comes from its great story. It's ok. Valve had writers for that, you don't. But then, you must provide a good and innovative gameplay. Speaking of this..

Gameplay — From your video, it looks like simplified mechanics from Portal 1. If you didn't already, please try and play other puzzle plateformers (or at the very least, watch videos): Antichamber, QUBE, Glitchspace, TesserAct, Inverto, Modulate, Attractio, Pulse Shift, NaissanceE… Most don't have any kind of narration either, but try to innovate in terms of gameplay mechanics. Some more than others, like Antichamber and Glitchspace, and they compensate for their lack of narration by a visual identity.

Graphics — You're very far from a finished product. Lack of textures, undetailled items, very basic lightings to name the obvious. HD texture are not needed to make a good game, but you then need to really polish the lightings, work on the ambient occlusion, add shaders. Once again, look at other games: Antichamber has this very unique visual design. Glitchspace, Pulse Shift, Modulate and NaissanceE have little to no textures, but provide good-looking environment, each one in their own way.

All the games I listed are either on Steam on or Greenlight. Several have been greenlit, NaissanceE was greenlit and is now on Steam. If you want to make an interesting game that people will buy, be innovative, explore ways that others have left untouched.
Fijut May 4, 2014 @ 10:24am 
its a cheap knockoff that almost anyone could do given a map editor. that's why. truth hurts?
Nzeits May 4, 2014 @ 11:02am 
Because it's the worst Portal knockoff I've ever seen.
ONE LAND ONE KING May 4, 2014 @ 1:41pm 
This is a simplified, poor man's version of Portal, and a lousy attempt at that. I could call it the Chinese version because the developers took English as a second language. You'd better give this game original concepts that surpass Portal and blow our asses off if you want my money.
kiefac May 4, 2014 @ 2:54pm 
Uhm, if I wanted to play portal, I have Portal 1 in an Orange Box, and Portal 2 for Xbox and PC.
Lord Metro May 5, 2014 @ 1:43am 
looks like a COMPLETE portal ripoff
flesk May 5, 2014 @ 1:52am 
What's this Protal everyone keeps mentioning?
maddingue May 5, 2014 @ 4:17am 
@flesk if you're not joking, Portal is this game, and Portal 2 is here
lighting.b May 5, 2014 @ 7:42am 
Pal, your game IS a Portal ripoff, teleportation device in order to end puzzles, also its has much less quality than Portal, not just graphics, but the storyle or rather your lack of storyline made it be a cheap, low quality Portal ripoff.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50