This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Beasts of Prey
3d2real May 1, 2014 @ 2:14pm
Qs
Is this a game that you can build a base with your friends? Also what are the stuff avalible to do, I mean like what weapons or cars can you make. Will it be easyer to find friends than rust?
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
TheOccamKnight May 1, 2014 @ 2:15pm 
Yes, Unknown, I'm not sure and probably not
Praying Mantis 89 May 1, 2014 @ 4:44pm 
The trailer gives you an idea of what to expect.
3d2real May 1, 2014 @ 4:45pm 
I saw the trailor and i want to ask for what i can espect.
Praying Mantis 89 May 1, 2014 @ 4:53pm 
The offical website http://www.beastsofprey.com/features has a little bit more information. As for the friend feature the devs mentioned in a previous post that they are still working on it.
3d2real May 1, 2014 @ 4:56pm 
Thanks dude!
Burnz@BeastsOfPrey.com  [developer] May 2, 2014 @ 1:52am 
CarNo, why so negative lately about our game ?

As for clan/friends management we came up with some unique ideas - some we can mention already as they will make it into the release build, others we keep secret until we actually made a final decision and built a prototype.

Clan/Friends : You will get an extra app for your Tablet/Iphone which you can use to look at the state of your clan & belongings. It will also be integrated into our website for those who prefer using a PC/do not own an iphone/tablet. One thing we did not enjoy in other games was always the clan management - we have a single DEV exclusivly working on that app.

For finding your friends in the game you will have a direction marker/position system.
There will be minimap available but ONLY if you built the RADAR and it will only work in a certain range. You can set it to self-only, clan-only or public.

As for items we currently have a bunch of structures (houses, defenses/walls (e.g guard towers), platforms (roads/concrete fundaments), resource gathering structures like oilrigs, fueltanks, barracks, utilities (like crafting table/beds/furnace/safe/lockers etc. ), weapons (pistols, rifles, snipers, explosives), tools (hatchet etc.) - this is not the final list, new items are being added currently on a DAILY basis - just yesterday we added new resource you can get from mining.

Some dinosaurs received new animations, new ones are being added - give us some time please, shortly before we release the alpha client we will add a new video with all the new stuff that made it into the game - so both trailers will give you a good overview whats in the game and it's current state.
Praying Mantis 89 May 2, 2014 @ 2:21am 
Originally posted by BeastsOfPrey.com:
CarNo, why so negative lately about our game ?

As for clan/friends management we came up with some unique ideas - some we can mention already as they will make it into the release build, others we keep secret until we actually made a final decision and built a prototype.

Clan/Friends : You will get an extra app for your Tablet/Iphone which you can use to look at the state of your clan & belongings. It will also be integrated into our website for those who prefer using a PC/do not own an iphone/tablet. One thing we did not enjoy in other games was always the clan management - we have a single DEV exclusivly working on that app.

For finding your friends in the game you will have a direction marker/position system.
There will be minimap available but ONLY if you built the RADAR and it will only work in a certain range. You can set it to self-only, clan-only or public.

As for items we currently have a bunch of structures (houses, defenses/walls (e.g guard towers), platforms (roads/concrete fundaments), resource gathering structures like oilrigs, fueltanks, barracks, utilities (like crafting table/beds/furnace/safe/lockers etc. ), weapons (pistols, rifles, snipers, explosives), tools (hatchet etc.) - this is not the final list, new items are being added currently on a DAILY basis - just yesterday we added new resource you can get from mining.

Some dinosaurs received new animations, new ones are being added - give us some time please, shortly before we release the alpha client we will add a new video with all the new stuff that made it into the game - so both trailers will give you a good overview whats in the game and it's current state.

That sounds very exciting. Will it be possible to port the App to Android aswell? I do not own an IOS device. So I guess there will now be clan inventory management as well as the inventories of individual players.

A wild idea I have is that a clan can elect to have a leader, and that leader could give orders and build the base like an RTS game, think Natural Selection 2 which combines RTS and FPS gameplay. The clan leader should also be able to control their base and clan from the App and do not need to be near a PC.
Last edited by Praying Mantis 89; May 2, 2014 @ 2:22am
Burnz@BeastsOfPrey.com  [developer] May 2, 2014 @ 6:24am 
Hello,
well the engine supports Android, IOS & Windows Phone 8. But development & testing is currently aimed for IOS. If it doesn't come with the alpha release it will be ported at a later stage.

As for Clan Management, for start we are only aiming to deliver you the clan management itself - so you can easily manage your members and have a good overview about your clan - thats the development objective right now. But adding those elements you mentioned also already came up as ideas - and they are great. We want to do but we currently have focus on the core features. It's intended to really deliver you guys an alpha release that doesn't feel so alpha - and there is a lot of work to do.

Right now we really read all comments/posts, make a step back and ask ourself "Are they right ?". Most of the feedback gives us valueable input for adjustments - for example the graphics just have been "upped" a bit again, more dinosaurs are coming, animations got their first update as well.

3d2real May 2, 2014 @ 6:27am 
Wow i cant wait for this game!
Praying Mantis 89 May 2, 2014 @ 9:14am 
This game already looks beautiful and has pre-alpha features that are not even in the alpha version of DayZ yet (like vehicles and base building) now that you mentioned the clan/team gameplay which is one of the highlighted features of Beasts of Prey. What about "Lone Wolf" players? I guess it will take much longer for them to build the structures that they want but is Beasts of Prey main focus is team-play?

To encourage teamwork there could be three or so pre-defined tribes that players have to join when they create their character for the first time, each tribe/clan will be fighting each other for outposts and oil access in order to build better structures, create better weapons/gear, access to vehicles etc. (Something like Planetside 2.) with their leaders giving out attack/defend and build here orders from an RTS environment.

Online sandbox games like Rust tend to be better experiences when you team up with other players but in that game where nobody can trust each other for fear of being stabbed in the back by someone whom they only met in-game pretty much causes everyone to stay alone or in many very small groups of 3-5 players of friends they previously knew.

Maybe the Clan management feature will solve that issue, along with not losing progress following death and respawn that will balance out team-play and lone-wolf play so that neither ones are watered down experiences.
3d2real May 2, 2014 @ 2:09pm 
Well my only sugestion is you start off with ww1 weapons and keep going to the most modern weapons. Its just a sugestion but. Building a base of operations seems fun.
Burnz@BeastsOfPrey.com  [developer] May 3, 2014 @ 1:41am 
Originally posted by Awesome-o:
Online sandbox games like Rust tend to be better experiences when you team up with other players but in that game where nobody can trust each other for fear of being stabbed in the back by someone whom they only met in-game pretty much causes everyone to stay alone or in many very small groups of 3-5 players of friends they previously knew.

We believe this is because the consequence of death is way too harsh in that game. When you trust someone your whole progress in the game can fall down with that. So this is where our game will be different - you will die and it will hurt but you will not loose your progress allowing you to trust people in an easier way. Loosing buildings and items will be very common in our game but time spend on gathering/crafting can be secured by using your personal locker/global inventory. So while people still destroy your outpost you can rebuild it with the materials you collected, you can recover from a full loss more easily. People can destroy your locker and your spawnpoints, all you have to do then is getting the materials to get your locker up again to access your resources - we believe this game mechanic is critical.
Praying Mantis 89 May 3, 2014 @ 7:55pm 
Originally posted by 3D2Real (Diz):
Well my only sugestion is you start off with ww1 weapons and keep going to the most modern weapons. Its just a sugestion but. Building a base of operations seems fun.

I think the game should stay modern, nobody uses bolt action WW1 rifles or technology from that era anymore, even if after an apocalyptic event. Weapons to first craft to start off with should be handguns, bows and arrows and knifes. Basic useful items and not 1910s stuff.
3d2real May 4, 2014 @ 11:49am 
Im just saying you should start off basic then get advanced.
Milkman May 5, 2014 @ 3:26pm 
Just a quick question will there be any trap's to take down large dino's
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50