This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

SpaceEngine
Periwinkle Jan 9 @ 4:29pm
Will it be free if (and hopefully, when) it gets Greenlighted?
I understand that SE will be undergoing major overhauls as it makes a transition from a simulator to a game (with both aspects included, not just one), and that SE currently is not a source of revenue, and is relying on donations. This prompts my question: will SE be free when it is released? If not, how much will it cost to buy?
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Dr. λʷᵉˢᵒᵐᵉ ☭  [developer] Jan 9 @ 4:40pm 
The planetarium software/game(what is out right now and being updated) will always be free. Any future games built on the engine might not be free.
Last edited by Dr. λʷᵉˢᵒᵐᵉ ☭; Jun 15 @ 5:13am
Antza2  [developer] Jan 9 @ 8:15pm 
Yes. The current plan is to always have the Planetarium mode free. Games made with the engine may cost money.
[T.T.T] Nimrod [GER] Jan 10 @ 9:54am 
I hope the Planetarium mode is free and the price for the full version not to high.
HarbingerDawn  [developer] Jan 10 @ 10:48am 
[T.T.T] Nimrod [GER], yes, the Planetarium will always be free, and the game itself will have a modest price, probably comparable to or slightly less than Minecraft and KSP in cost.
xenomorph13☢8 Jan 10 @ 12:13pm 
Is this like game or simulator or both? First i tought its like Celestia or Stellarium
Antza2  [developer] Jan 10 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by xenomorph138:
Is this like game or simulator or both? First i tought its like Celestia or Stellarium
Right now SpaceEngine is a planetarium software with a fully simulated universe with real catalogued objects. SpaceEngine also supports space ships, but this feature is still very much WIP, so don't expect this to be like Kerbal Space Program or Orbiter just yet. Right now the closest comparison would be Celestia.
Kietna Qu'Tak Jan 10 @ 3:03pm 
If they improve game mode then I will beg them to take my money XD
Tyronmcd Jan 12 @ 2:16am 
Looks really cool
Benjaminswar Jan 12 @ 10:41pm 
looks relaxing :)
Regime Jan 15 @ 4:06pm 
Fantastic.
BLADE RUNNER N6 Jan 15 @ 4:34pm 
Super excited for this!
SpaceEngineFan Jan 17 @ 11:32am 
for myself i would pay up to 40 Dollar for this. i respect the work behind it!! im sure there were years of work!
Magnificent Pile Of Dirt Jan 17 @ 11:39pm 
Best graphics, I also think the sound is amazing, the effects and the engine itself... soo... realistic.. (SUPPORT +++ FOR DEVELOPERS)
reviniente Jan 18 @ 1:05am 
Developers need to eat too. I wouldn't mind paying for a comprehensive and well crafted virtual space travel sim.
Last edited by reviniente; Jan 18 @ 1:06am
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50