This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

4PM
zahncisten Jan 8 @ 7:07pm
Musicality
Lol, so I'm sure no one is going to really know this beside the dev, but I'm curious what sort of music is going to be included in the game. The teaser video music is intriguing, and I'm sure there are somber tunes and such meant to match the mood of the character's development through the plot, but I'm curious if you can enact a truly happy "mojo" and have the music reflect that? Essentially, is the music reactive/reflective of the choices made (FFV battle victory music! lol)?
Not to drone on endlessly, but I would be much more inclined towards buying this game (not that I'm not already inclined) if the music where varied and reactive. This might not seem like a huge deal (especially lately since most games have struck out for such rich environments that music is something left to specific moments in the game, which might be more "true to life" but I think in a game such as 4 AM it could literally make or break the game), but I feel that having the right soundtrack, literally, could totally enrich the environment and make the game immensly appealing.
Obviously, I may be overstating my thoughts, but I can just see the potential for some awesomeness, lol.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Burleigh  [developer] Jan 9 @ 12:32am 
The music in the game is atmospheric and relevant to what is happening in the scene, towards the end, your choices affect the music and it changes. We had a smaller orchestra (12 Royal College of Music students) kindly do the recordings with us. https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1401392_766269000055328_51467337_o.jpg A feature of the game that we are also experimenting with is different amounts of reverb depending on location and mood.

Last edited by Burleigh; Jan 9 @ 12:33am
zahncisten Jan 9 @ 9:52am 
That sounds excellent. I hope your experimentations work out, I like the idea of slight musical shifts based on mood, etc. It all sounds very reactive, which is perfect if I understand the world you are trying to create.
Helldiver Jan 10 @ 6:52pm 
Was the music in the teaser a recording or an actual song?
Burleigh  [developer] Jan 10 @ 9:37pm 
the music in the teaser is by an amazing band called "et_" http://freemusicarchive.org/music/et_/The_agency_of_missing_hearts/02_-_Kopeika . It is a temporary track, that is being replaced by a theme in a similar style for the final game.
Last edited by Burleigh; Jan 10 @ 9:39pm
Sharppwn ◢◤ Jan 11 @ 6:32am 
nice, thanks!
Helldiver Jan 11 @ 7:18am 
Thanks. it's a great song, good choice
sammerblammer~_~ Jan 11 @ 7:52am 
looks like an Amazing game, the idea with the music sounds great and i was wondering...is there a right and wrong anwser or is it just different endings?
Burleigh  [developer] Jan 11 @ 10:08am 
There are no right or wrong endings, they are just different and it is really up to you to decide what is right . Thanks for all the support guys :D .
dubigrasu Jan 16 @ 12:52am 
That music sounds like what Akira Yamaoka would do if hired for this game.
Den Em Jan 16 @ 10:03am 
Yeah. It's sounds cool and look nice
Caine Jan 16 @ 8:14pm 
Nice track. Thank you for adding this and I hope your game gets recognized.
ó Zé Lemos!!! Jan 21 @ 10:05am 
Thanks. it's a great song, good choice
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50