This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Dark Gates
Frost350 Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:47pm
Characters
You say there're 20 Characters to chose from, are they all vastly unique from each other?

Also, you said there're 20 different monsters, is that going to be is the final product or will there be more? 'cause 20 sounds like a pretty week number.

-Frost350
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Braqoon  [developer] Dec 24, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
Hi, thanks for your interest. Each hero have own stats and some are unique than others, eg. exclusive weapon or very good at negotiations. Idea is to choose a team of six which will be balanced and team will be supporting each other. There is also an important skill which not all heroes got. Only heroes with this skill can only destroy the Dark Gates and end the game, so it's crucial to pick a right team.

Currently there is 25 heroes and some of them are made for supporters (avatar, name) who bought hero edition or won a competition.

I'm also thinking about introducing a permadeath on normal and hard difficulty levels, which will make heroes more valuable. If you loose all heroes with destroying Dark Gates ability, then you cannot win the game.

As for monster, adding new ones is not a problem. Currently I have stopped at 20 as I'm focusing on finishing and polishing the game (game is developed only by me). I also want to introduce mixed monsters teams which will change dynamics of encounters. Currently apart from final boss battle there is no mixed teams. Bare in mind that some monsters are weaker than others and having fight eg. with 2 vampires can be more challenging than 4 or 6 goblins.

Cheers
Frost350 Dec 25, 2013 @ 3:06am 
as long as you add more monsters I'm interested
Bacon_whisperer Dec 25, 2013 @ 4:27am 
looks cool
Braqoon  [developer] Dec 25, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
Originally posted by Frost350:
as long as you add more monsters I'm interested
Sure, thanks for your view.

Originally posted by Elite_Spartan_Hunter:
looks cool
Thanks, apprecieated.