This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Exo Miner
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
ChaosTrend  [developer] Jan 28, 2014 @ 4:58am
Let us know what you think
We would love to hear what you the community thinks of our new game; your opinion is very important to us and the continued development of Exo Miner. We have a clear view of the game and its content, but even us developers need a helping hand now and again to make sure the game will be the best it can.

If you love what we are doing then let us know what we are doing right and we will be sure to do more of that. ;)

Conversely, if there is something you don't like then please let us know so we can address any potential issues or re-evaluate unpopular features.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by ChaosTrend; Feb 7, 2014 @ 9:45am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
smug Feb 12, 2014 @ 7:34pm 
Looks good, I wanna play it c:
Oh yeah, you're adding multiplayer, right?
I would love to play this with my friends and all
Spataproutch Feb 13, 2014 @ 1:13am 
can we interact with planets (some inhabited?) or/and artificial (eventually alien) structures, or just asteroids?
And are there several resources, with some more precious than other? it would be great if there were several kind of resources, with different applications
DroboVictor Feb 13, 2014 @ 1:13am 
Looks nice. It will be very popular among players, I think. And among Russian players if you're interested of localization this game into Russian. I can help you with localization. Let me know if you need it.
[Totga] Luther  [developer] Feb 13, 2014 @ 2:31am 
@Spataroutch: Currently, we're planning on unique, procedurally generated asteroids and dwarf planets like Ceres or Pluto - something large enough to land on but still small enough that you can see the curvature and interact with at the range of scales the game plays at. You'll be able to see larger planets but you can't land on anything that has too deep a gravity well. Larger bodies will be more likely to have existing structures.
@Stake: Whilst it only lists 'English' in the product description, we're definately keen on localising the game in as many languages as possible. Спасибо :)
I don't think that "Exo Miner" matches into the "defence" category
SwanseaAxeman  [developer] Feb 13, 2014 @ 2:23pm 

The defence aspect comes in to play once you have acquired a mining zone. Rival companies may send in drones to try to forcefully take it from you, so you will need to build up defences in order to keep them from taking your zone.

It will be a bit like when you make a base in C&C or similar. You will set up a mining platform and then have to place turrets, barriers, mines etc to keep your zone safe.

Hope that clears it up a bit. :)
Dremlock Feb 14, 2014 @ 12:23am 
Sounds good, keep up the good work.
madsmobley Feb 14, 2014 @ 7:58pm 
I would buy this in a hearbeat
Bibi und Tina Feb 22, 2014 @ 6:26am 
Looks good. A question regarding the mechanic: If you're "locking" onto an asteroid to get a gravity catapult effect, does it automatically destry the asteriod if you detach from it (because that happened a few times in the video)

Also: Sounds good. Will we have the possibility to get a hold of the soundtrack if it's released?
SwanseaAxeman  [developer] Feb 22, 2014 @ 7:04am 
@Bibi und Tina
The asteroids will explode when they have been mined out. The mining laser heats up the inside of the asteroid whist the tractor beam sucks up the precious metals.

We are adding some extra asteroid debris once it has exploded and besides collecting shards of metal, there may even be something highly valuable hidden within the asteroid.

And yes, I am sure we will put the soundtrack up once the game is released. :)
Last edited by SwanseaAxeman; Feb 22, 2014 @ 7:04am
SkyeRise Feb 28, 2014 @ 5:44am 
This game could do all the things right that the X series did wrong (unneeded complexity without a real ROI for the time you put into it and a lot of killed fun) even without becoming huge (simple things don't look repetitive unlike complex ones of which there is too little content variety). Just like Minecraft (a tiny game really) blew away anything that was open world building up to that point.

Now there is one thing I believe would help this game to greatness: The ability to have an infinite universe hosted on a dedicated server (I am kind of coming from the direction of Minecraft here, yes). Combined with protected identities (could just use steam for that) and server whitelist and/or password protection this could really become a thing of beauty and of very long-lasting fun. Throw in customizable skins for the main ship and player logo and you have it all.

I would really love to host servers of something like this for our gaming portal.

P.S.: I will check back often to see how this game is coming along for sure :)
SwanseaAxeman  [developer] Mar 1, 2014 @ 3:28am 

I must admit I love the X series, but I totally understand what you are saying.

We really like the idea of having multiplayer and persistent universe that the players can shape into whatever they want. Our main focus at the moment is making sure the core gameplay and presentation are 100%. Once we have the main game completed we will see where we are and then look to multiplayer. :)
Lycarous Mar 29, 2014 @ 7:49am 
This looks really nice actually, I can't wait til you get greenlit. A question for the devs tho, What made you start making this game? Where was the idea from, if you don't mind.
SwanseaAxeman  [developer] Apr 10, 2014 @ 8:28am 

We all have a love of space and technology, with some of our favourite games in the office being the X series, X-Wing, Sins of a Solar Empire, FTL etc.

We love 4X games and how they play, but find that many of them are too focused on the combat side of the game play. A game play style that we think is underrepresented in 4X genre is the turtle tactic which is generally used in RTS games. IE build up a base, exploit resources, build more defences and deny the enemy access to your zone, slowly expanding your borders incrementally.

We wanted to allow players to focus on the resource collection and defence of those resources through construction of defensive technology, without punishing the player for playing the game at a slower pace. As mentioned before, you can still run and gun with your ship and drones, but you won't be punished if you decide to play turtle.

Hope that gives you a little insight into Exo Miner and why it came to be. :)
Last edited by SwanseaAxeman; Apr 10, 2014 @ 8:29am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 15 30 50