This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

PIXEL PIRACY
Jacen Dec 2, 2013 @ 7:49pm
"We are not high"
Originally posted by piracysim.com:
Here* is a direct torrent link that we will personally seed to our currently available version of the game. We aren't idiots, we aren't high. We believe that anyone who wants to pirate our game will do so anyways, and feel it's a much safer bet to offer those people the official link to our game in hopes that they keep their computer's virus free.

Seriously, just because they've done this. I want to buy this game many times over even if I have no one left to give it to. Any company, indie or otherwise, that offers their game freely deserves our support more than anything else. Let's work to get this game past Greenlight and into the hands of loving gamers everywhere.

* Link removed for reasons. Go visit their website[piracysim.com] for the link and full article.
Last edited by Jacen; Dec 2, 2013 @ 7:50pm
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Alex Poysky  [developer] Dec 3, 2013 @ 1:53am 
Thank you so much for those words Jacen. We just want people to play our game. We understand we need to earn money from it, but that doesn't mean we can't be creative in doing so!
Seniri Dec 3, 2013 @ 3:47am 
This certainly has my vote. I pirate nearly everything before I spend money on it - you've allowed me to play this game without having to pay first. Day one purchase for me on morals alone.

Thanks for your trust, I have a feeling this will work in your favor.
Substance P Dec 3, 2013 @ 5:47am 
Came here from reddit. Got my vote
Rato de Laboratório Dec 3, 2013 @ 7:04am 
I have to agree. Im from brazil, the games are expensive here, so i don't buy anything before try it. Just this crazy anounce made me wanna buy it (even before try out).
You sr, have my vote. Please take my money!
Ahoy!
Ali Bomaye Dec 3, 2013 @ 2:27pm 
Hi guys, so I am from Portugal and I usually pirate all my games. That happens because I am a teenager and sometimes my parents can't afford to give me money to spend on games. I really do appreciate your action and that helped me to get to know the game and be able to play it. I am sorry though for not paying for it. I wish I could give you money but I just don't have it. Although I couldn't pay for it I have voted for it on Greenlight and IndieDB. Thank you for your game. Hope I could help.

*English isn't my mother language so I am sorry if there are any errors in my message.
Alex Poysky  [developer] Dec 3, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
Sweet Brown, you are EXACTLY the type of person that needs the torrent the most! Don't feel sorry, we are very proud to be helping you!
Bobinson Dec 3, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
Such developers deserve a lot of respect and support. I, for one, will buy this game after it arrives on Steam without ANY doubt, not only becouse of developers attitude, but becouse it's an honestly good game for a very low cost. There's a lot of hate for internet pirates, but after games like newest X game or Alien: Colonial Marines (Oh, look, you can play a demo which is superior to any content present in the actual game) I don't trust developers anymore and being able to honestly playtest the game before the purchase means a lot to me.

I sincerely hope you'll make a decent profit of your game. I don't vote on Greenlight too often, but I would feel terrible if I didn't do it this time.

Best regards,
Bob
Alex Poysky  [developer] Dec 3, 2013 @ 4:20pm 
Bob thank you for those kind words. I was having trouble sleeping but I think that did the trick! We will do our best to keep up to your expectations friend.
desolation0 Dec 3, 2013 @ 6:59pm 
Just please don't toss the pirated copy numbers back in our face. The Game Dev Tycoon chaps compared the results from seeding the game to the number who purchased the game directly from their untrafficked dev site to try to say their game has a 93.6% piracy rate on PC, based on just the first day.

Also wondered why folks were giving the game bad reviews to their friends when it turns out they gimped the seeded pirate version, so folks who pirated it would have a crap time. Interesting enough idea, having pirates show up to pirate the games in a pirated version of the game. They forgot to let folks still enjoy the experience, or put in big bold letters "this is happening because the game is saying it is pirated." Game news sites picked up on it as "The Best Anti-Piracy Measure Ever!" Gained enough attention to gain some success, but lost my confidence.

Please continue to use your deserved community good will from this gesture for nice things like getting through Greenlight and developing good community relations, instead of stoking sensationalist headlines.using badly misrepresented statistics.

Thank you for being nice, now keep it up and you'll have a solid fan.
Alex Poysky  [developer] Dec 3, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
We aren't TRYING to be nice to make a point or anything of the sort we simply want to help those that need it!
desolation0 Dec 3, 2013 @ 11:20pm 
That counts as being nice! :P
Alex Poysky  [developer] Dec 3, 2013 @ 11:24pm 
Be that as it may friend, it's a way of life, not an objective or a means to an end :).

We just hit #99 on the top 100 charts. It's so humbling to see our little game take off so fast.
Bobinson Dec 4, 2013 @ 3:06am 
Originally posted by Gaskone:
We just hit #99 on the top 100 charts. It's so humbling to see our little game take off so fast.

I'm really glad to hear such splendid news! I'll continue to spread the word about the game.

Greenlight has failed before, passing products so unpolished and unfinished to a level offensive to a buyer, while rejecting honestly good games like Project Zomboid multiple times, I hope that Pixel Piracy will avoid such fate, I'll hold my thumbs for you.

Now for something completely different - about a week ago I was looking for a decent pirate themed game, and had serious problems finding anything with all the forums filled with people naming 5 or 6 constantly repeating titles, which were either old as the world itself (Sid Meier's Pirates for Amiga), buggy mess (Sea Dogs or Pirates of the Caribbean without community patches or mods, still AWESOME games though) or were plainly bad (Risen 2 ...), so now imagine my surprise and anxiousness few days later when I see a new Let's Play video in my youtube box (from jefmajor, I urge everyone to give it a watch) of Pixel Piracy which I've never heard about before, and what a pleasant surprise it was! I love rougelike games, I've always prefered 2D graphics, it was about pirates, had great silly humor and fantastic developer, what more could I possibly ask for?

Best regards,
Bob

PS I'm aware that my punctuation is quite terrible, it is difficult for me to remember the rules for two languages completely different from each other.
\o/ Dec 4, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
Yup I'm buying it .Simply for the good attitude the devs have. Multi packs please , so I can gift it to my friends ;)
MestreDosFantoches Dec 4, 2013 @ 10:04pm 
Some devs who DOES give a ♥♥♥♥ for the gamers!
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50