This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Motor Rock
Bimmy  [developer] Oct 30, 2013 @ 4:45am
F.A.Q.
Dudes, in this thread, you can ask a question about game. Please, read answers before add a new!

So... I want to add answer about gamepads in game(because it's a often question):
YES YES YES!!! Game will be support a gamepads! Moreover, if some models of gamepads in game wouldn't supported, you can connect it by a special programs(for example Xpadder[xpadder.com]).

1. Will there be any female characters / avatars?
-Yes, there are female characters

2. Is the 'coöp' (2-player campaign) portion of the game playable in LAN as well as split-screen?
-The game has a complete co-op mode (2-5 players + 3 AI), but a possibly split screen mode will be added only to the release or a patch. We think about something like a server for the Internet games, but now no details.

3. Any chance of a choice between horizontal and vertical split-screen configuration?
-Yes, in split screen mode the option will be

4. Are there varying difficulty settings (unlockable or otherwise) to play campaign mode in?
-In the game added three levels of difficulty

5. Is there a 'quick race' and / or 'championship' mode?
-Both the tournament and the championship are available in the game

6. Can lap counts be increased / decreased?
-Yes, there is the possibility to change laps count

7. Are there custom soundtracks / is it possible to use one's own music for the game? (i.e., is it easy to mod the music files?)
- All game resources are open, change the music is not a problem

8. Any post race replay function?
-Unfortunately this feature is not present in the game

9. How did this game get past Blizzard's lawyers?
-Copyright to the Rock n Roll Racing universe belongs to Blizzard Entertainment. In the past, the game was in development. Unfortunately, the game may not be published with name Rock n Roll Racing on steam.

10. **STUPID QUESTION WARNING!!** ...Is Olaf in the game??
-Unfortunately there is issues with the copyright...

11. Questions about gamepad support
-YES!!! Game will be support a gamepads!

12. Questions about cheat codes
-Of course)

13. Support of windowed mode
-Yes, we can add an option

14. Game statistics and leaderboard
-With your support we will be able to do it

15. Steam achievements
- If the game will be approved

16. Will have classic songs like Paranoid, born to be wild?
- These songs have been recorded. And soundtrack little by little expands

17. Will be keep classics names in portuguese, like snake sanders from planet terra ( english is earth), car seller Gordo (english is fat), planet inferno (english hell)?
-In the game there is similar the planets and characters

18. Plans to PSN and Live version?
-While only a version for the PC. No plans about the releases on other platforms yet.

19. The people who helped with donations to the project by "idieogogo" will have some benefit?
- We know of people who financially supported the project (pay pal id, indie go go id), we are grateful to them, and because of the new format of the project, we are going to update the list of privileges. As long as he is not fully thought out, let it be a little secret. Thank you!

20. We can create a character?
- No, This feature does not fit into the story and game world

21. Any plans to release 4 player local co op (split screen)?
- Coop will be for 5 players, and SplitScreen maybe too. Waiting a game.

22. Btw, is there something like "Team Mode" for the Multiplayer?
- It is badly consistent with the game concept, but we think about it

23. The multiplayer mode will have levels or unlockables or some sort of progression?
- The game has a certain sort of progress which also affects the skirmish mode

24. Are there chances of this game be ported to linux (MacOS, IOS, Android, XBOX, PS)?
- Now, porting of the game is not planned. We just have a very small team :(

25. Can you shoot rockets across the map ?
- Yes! We, of course, have kept such a feature
Last edited by lexer_t; Nov 14, 2013 @ 11:27am
Showing 1-15 of 83 comments
< >
Sablicious Oct 30, 2013 @ 5:35am 
1. Will there be any female characters / avatars?
2. Is the 'coöp' (2-player campaign) portion of the game playable in LAN as well as split-screen?
3. Any chance of a choice between horizontal and vertical split-screen configuration?
4. Are there varying difficulty settings (unlockable or otherwise) to play campaign mode in?
5. Is there a 'quick race' and / or 'championship' mode?
6. Can lap counts be increased / decreased?
7. Are there custom soundtracks / is it possible to use one's own music for the game? (i.e., is it easy to mod the music files?)
8. Any post race replay function?
10. **STUPID QUESTION WARNING!!** ...Is Olaf in the game??

PS: When will this be released?!
Last edited by Sablicious; Oct 30, 2013 @ 5:36am
Fearistoff Oct 30, 2013 @ 6:15am 
1. Будет ли поддержка геймпада?
2. Будут ли чит-коды?
3. Будет поддержка оконного режима?
4. Будет таблица времени круга среди друзей?
5. Будут ли достижения Steam и прочие фенечки Steam'a?
Last edited by Fearistoff; Oct 30, 2013 @ 6:22am
tetracloro Oct 30, 2013 @ 6:49am 
Will have classic songs like Paranoid, born to be wild?
Will have anchiviements and collect cards?
What is the price in Brazil?
tetracloro Oct 30, 2013 @ 6:57am 
Will be keep classics names in portuguese, like snake sanders from planet terra ( english is earth), car seller Gordo (english is fat), planet inferno (english hell)?
CTPAHHUK Oct 30, 2013 @ 8:44am 
Will it be awesome? :)
Em3rson Oct 30, 2013 @ 9:49am 
We can create a character?
Will have Joey Ramone as a racer?
Do you Gabba Gabba?
ripreal  [developer] Oct 30, 2013 @ 9:54am 
updated
Em3rson Oct 30, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Plans to PSN and Live version?
Sablicious Oct 30, 2013 @ 3:28pm 
-Copyright to the Rock n Roll Racing universe belongs to Blizzard Entertainment. In the past, the game was in development. Get permission to publish in steam unfortunately not possible
I don't quite understand this. Does this mean the game cannot be published through Steam, period? Or that it may need further "tweaking" to gain approval? Either way, if so, how / why is the game being advertised here, now...? And if Steam cannot in fact publish game (for copyright reasons), how will you distribute the game otherwise--Desura, Greenman?

That is, where can Western players (who don't read Cyrillic etc) get the game from if the game won't be sold via the Steam store?
Last edited by Sablicious; Oct 30, 2013 @ 3:29pm
Friend Oct 30, 2013 @ 5:37pm 
Originally posted by Sablicious:
-Copyright to the Rock n Roll Racing universe belongs to Blizzard Entertainment. In the past, the game was in development. Get permission to publish in steam unfortunately not possible
I don't quite understand this. Does this mean the game cannot be published through Steam, period?

I think(and correct me if I'm wrong) that what he's saying is that the name "Rock'n Roll Racing" is copyrighted by Blizzard. So that's why they had to call it Motor Rock to be able to put it on Steam.
Bimmy  [developer] Oct 30, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
Em3rson,
While only a version for the PC. No plans about the releases on other platforms yet.
Sablicious,
It explains the reasons of game name "Motor Race." We would like to release the game under the original name "Rock'n'Roll Racing", but Blizzard did not allow us this. Also could be problems with the lawyers Blizzard because of this. Don't worry about it. Game will be available on the Steam.
Friend,
That's true.
marcelomurras Oct 30, 2013 @ 8:58pm 
Any plans to release 4 player local co op (split screen)?
[CFN]Ritlay Oct 31, 2013 @ 6:41am 
The people who helped with donations to the project by "idieogogo" will have some benefit? Thanks
Bimmy  [developer] Oct 31, 2013 @ 6:52am 
marcelomurras, Coop will be for 5 players, and SplitScreen maybe too. Waiting a game.
Ritlay™, I can't say, but ripreal can.
Bimmy  [developer] Oct 31, 2013 @ 8:51am 
Ritlay™,
Originally posted by YardTeam(ripreal):
Unfortunately I don't know how the interaction of developers and the actual game sales schemes is organized . If the game gets on Steam, then I certainly would like to see all the participants and all of the donaters (the list is known to us, the main thing that e-mail has not changed), the got free game and bonuses.
Showing 1-15 of 83 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50