The Walls Civ - Eren Jaeger (G&K)
Hi  [developer] Oct 31, 2013 @ 5:24pm
Ideas for Next Update
I'm working on the next update. The things I'd like to address are:
1. Whether the unique unit is balanced.
2. Whether the unit is outclassed by other units too quickly. I currently think it is, because it's based on the Lancer which is quickly outmatched by Riflemen and in a way Cavalry, and upgrades IMO too late.
3. It was suggested that I use a new unit type (only for this civilization) instead of replacing Lancer, so here are some questions for that:
a. Should any earlier units be able to upgrade to this unit?
b. What should this new unit/unit type upgrade to, and what required technology be?
4. I am planning to remove the culture bonus from defensive structures and instead focus on generals. I won't be adding faith to the Walls as IMO the "Wallist" religion isn't really supposed to be a positive nor really representative of the appropriate leaders for the civ (Pixis, Erin, Erwin, Levi, etc).
5. Any other ideas you may have.

Please respond fairly quickly if you're interested in helping because I am aiming to have an update this weekend or early next week.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Nov 1, 2013 @ 8:00am 
From what I've learnt using the civ, you don't need more Great General production. 1 one war against a warmonger civ i generated 3 in around 30 turns.

Keep the culture from the defensive buildings, I found going tall and playing for a culture victory to be a fun way to play.

As for the UU, it really needs a buff or even moving to an early industrial era tech, just to keep it relevant for longer.

Hope it helps.
The Real Clint Eastwood Nov 1, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
I'd say that this civ should really be focused on the medieval era as that is pretty much when AoT is set, so having a situation in which you can play as a warmonger civ, rush to the medieval era for the 3D maneuver gear unit and get a clear advantage would be possible. That would be really cool actually.
sather5 Nov 1, 2013 @ 5:08pm 
um i have a different idea after aot halo covenat class unsc class maybe insurrecunest unsc to make balence spartans cost alot i mean alot but before they have to study ummm idk but it takes a long time to get the technology
Hi  [developer] Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:38pm 
@TPJerematic: That helps. I think I might lower the Great General rate to balance things out. The transfer movement to general bonus is something relatively small so that'll be kept in.
@Unreal: I think AoT has mix of medieval, renaissance (gunpowder) and steampunk (3d manuveur gear) elements. It's kind of hard to pinpoint the technological timeline in terms of adapting to civ's timeline. Even though it's not perfectly matching AoT apparent technological timeline, I'm thinking about making the UU a Knight replacement that keeps its promotions when upgraded to cavalry and so on.
ChrisM1A2 Nov 2, 2013 @ 11:05am 
I have an idea, but I don't know how balanced it would be. Would it be possible to have scouts upgrade into the scouting legion? I usually choose honor as my first policy, and I kind of end up using my scouts in an offensive role, and it almost seems like these could be an upgraded, offensive, scout. And yes, this idea is kind of spawned by them being the "scouting legion," but i think it might still be able to fit okay.
I haven't kept track of unit promotions when I upgrade them though. I've noticed that sometimes a unit will upgrade and keep a promotion that it can't use anymore (like archer units upgrading to riflemen, keeping ranged bonus. cases like that.) but I'm not sure if it would be possible to have the unit get a promotion when it upgrades.
Gayne Ikker Nov 2, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
You know how the pikeman upgrades to the lancer, but the Impi is unique and upgrades to a rifleman instead? The Scouting Legion could be made to upgrade to Cavalry rather than the AT Gun.

Also the great general movement bonus is cool but the generation is unnecessary. GGs are a dime a dozen anyways. I suggest something like, 'Melee units recieve the 3DMG promotion, providing them with +15% combat strength in jungles and forests." I dunno, I just think that's canon and also pretty useful.
Gayne Ikker Nov 2, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
Ooh, another possibility could be extra defensive terrain bonuses for Forts and Citadels in friendly territory?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Nov 2, 2013 @ 12:56pm 
Replacing Knights with Scouting Legion would work. Or you could straight up have it replace cavalry.
[DSL] Raxum Nov 2, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
i know this is quite unrealistic but can you make custom unit models and animations, plz.
Hi  [developer] Nov 2, 2013 @ 9:44pm 
Hey all, thanks for the suggestions! I have managed to mix some together. Here is my current WIP for the next update:

Scouting Legion
+Now upgrades to Cavalry
+Starts with Great Generals I (which increases the rate it produces Great Generals)*
-No longer has flanking bonus (really only applies to titans, anyway)
-No longer has bonus against mounted units

(Apparently some people have problem with this unit's name - which is the best way to call them, then?)

*My other idea was to give them a bonus against cities instead.

Trait
+10% Combat Bonus when near Citadel, Fort, or the Capital.
-Great General rate bonus removed

The Walls (Building)
+1 Faith instead of +1 Tourism

Thoughts?

@: |1944RP|Kirito: I would like to make a skin in the second update (after this one). I don't know how to model however, so someone else would have to help me with that.
@ChrisM1A2: That is a good idea, but there are some issues regarding the UI. If I edited the scout to upgrade into something else, I would have two unique units, and the unique building wouldn't show up when selecting a civilization (it would be in game, but the scout edit would show up when selecting the civ, which is misleading).
Ballsy McBallsack Nov 3, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
Instead of giant death robots, titan shifters obviously.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Nov 3, 2013 @ 3:56pm 
I like the idea of faith over tourism for The Walls.

The unit is better, could give them Drill 1 or something by default to help combat a little more.

B r a n . 18-Z e r o Nov 5, 2013 @ 9:44am 
Is it possible to edit the look of actual units if you havent already,

also adding titans

and survival mode.

id love to play it but i dont have the DLC :(
Last edited by B r a n . 18-Z e r o; Nov 5, 2013 @ 9:45am
hwc2313 Nov 5, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
I say to add a titan civ
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Nov 9, 2013 @ 3:11pm 
Just wanted to add one more thing before you update, still playing on v1.

Erin is a beast when played by the AI. 15 civs DoW against him, he just shrugs and takes 2 capitals.

All while getting about 250 culture per turn

in the Renaissance.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50