This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Red Baron
[NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL Oct 26, 2013 @ 10:19am
Red Baron? Yes please!
Red Baron was the tittle that made me go to flightsims. I have the original title and mission builder in the big carton boxes and the seperate hard copy manual. Those were the good times and good days of flightsims...

I endorse your opinion about flightsims now and then.. I own and have played most of the titles from Dynamix, Microprose, Digital Integration, Spectrum Holobyte, Lucas Film games and Janes!
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
DamonSlye  [developer] Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
I was a fan of Their Finest Hour, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, the MicroProse sims, and many of the others. Great to hear all those names again!
[NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:05pm 
Those were the good times :-) Btw the "DRM" for swotl was a circular ideograph card :-)

Also those were the times of the big manuals, like in the falcon gold box that weighed more than a kilo/2pounds...
Last edited by [NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL; Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:10pm
DamonSlye  [developer] Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:25pm 
I loved those manuals. When at Dynamix, there was a time when the really big manuals for Red Baron, Aces of the Pacific, and Aces Over Europe were removed from the box. Instead you could only get pdfs of them. It was to reduce the cost-of-goods. That was the end of the big manual era, unfortunately.
[NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:30pm 
I live in Flanders, belgium and wrote to Dynamix to obtain the special Red Baron manual, I had the luck that when buying AOE, AOTP+1946 addon (with the bearcat!) that those included those manuals. What was very good is that those manuals had a "military channel" part and a gameplay part.

EDIT: respect to you as you have been part of Dynamix!

I'm getting older and my memory fails me sometimes but sorry if I ask this but were it the guys of Dynamix or the guys at Microprose that always had a groups picture on the last page of the manual of a title?
Last edited by [NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL; Oct 26, 2013 @ 12:35pm
DamonSlye  [developer] Oct 26, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
Ha, nice memory! Yes, we always did that at Dynamix. Those were fun! I have the photograph of the Aces of the Pacific team on the wall in my office.
[NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL Oct 26, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
Good times...Good times... :-)

Edit: "mostly guys and some girls"
Last edited by [NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL; Oct 26, 2013 @ 1:29pm
Fluesmækkeren Oct 26, 2013 @ 3:13pm 
Just by coincidence stumbled over this discussion and had some warm and nice flashbacks of those days of intense gaming on my old Amiga500 :-)

I too also own many of the flight sims both of you mention, and still have sweet memories of playing those games for hours and hours, with B-17 Flying Fortress, Gunship 2000 and A-10 Tank Killer being my favorite games of all times. Still though, it was "Their Finest Hour" by Lawrence Holland, and Cinemaware's "Wings" that consumed me into the world of aerial combat playing, and i am still playing, and have also sweet sweet memories of The Red Baron ;-) ..

This game will be a Must have :-)

[NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL Oct 27, 2013 @ 7:56am 
My favorites were RB+mission builder, RB2, AOE, AOTP+1946 addon, SWOTL+4 addon planes, Tornado+Desert storm addon, F15 strike eagle 3+the F15 strike eagle 3 prima guide desert storm scenario floppy disk, Gunship 2000+Island and Ice addon, hind, Longbow+Korea addon, Dawn Patrol, IAF and so much more!

Btw in those days you didn't have DLC, you did have addons :-)

Knowing that the dev of this Red Baron was part of Dynamix is for me all saying. So this will be an instant buy for me. Imho I think this wil be a good reboot of a vintage classic, I just hope that the word of this new sim will go out on the net to new customers and to "veterans" of the "golden age" of flight simming.
Fluesmækkeren Oct 27, 2013 @ 10:00am 
Yesterday after reading here, and other post and comments by DamonSlye ... i dusted off my old Amiga1200 and have spent the whole sunday playing RB on it :-D ...
As Damon states elsewhere, todays flight sims / combat flying games is not even close being as immersive and in depth playing campaigns, as the oldschool flying games have ... today it's about graphics and physics, but the immersion is far from enough to keep new players hanging on for too long, and only hardcore Flightsimmers, my self included, take the time and become consumed in the game and the world we are flying in, being the respective game.

I really do hope, that the "new" Red Baron can capture some of the immersion, and feeling of being a part of something big while playing, as the good old fliying games did :-D

I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this "new" Red Baron :-D
[NU NRG] LosT_SouL_VL Oct 27, 2013 @ 10:04am 
I've just put my bit in the Red Baron kickstarter, we need to spread the word so they can reach the 250k end goal. Please spread the word!
Deathsnake Oct 29, 2013 @ 6:40am 
I hope, I really hope you guys make it. I loved the games from Dynamix. Aces of the Pacific, Red Baron, A-10 Tank Killer, Earthsiege. Do you have only the rights for Red Baron or also the other Dynamix games? I played in the early days Nova 9 PC and on the C-64 Ugh-lympics! Make this one pls ;D
MadOtter  [developer] Oct 29, 2013 @ 6:18pm 
Thanks! Those were great games to build. We only have the rights for Red Baron, but we are interested in doing WWII and Modern Era.
Josiah Dec 28, 2013 @ 7:36pm 
I used to play the old original Red Barron Game. this is awesome.
Josiah Dec 28, 2013 @ 7:36pm 
Baron*
Fu_Manchu Jan 1 @ 3:35pm 
ojala salga pronto
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50