This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

PULSAR: Lost Colony
MCKOGAMING Feb 2 @ 1:57pm
A Few Questions After Witnessing This Incredible Game.
I had a few questions that were indeed answered in a previous developer blog, but I had just a few more comments and questions..

1. First I'd like to input that I like the idea that a few threads were talking about with the whole fly the ship into a port on the planet (pilots have to deal with the gravity pull from the planet or engineers having to deal with the engines overheating in the atmosphere and such) and/or a massive space city with many ports and bays. I realize you guys are focused on the important things such as the combat, ships, planets, places, story, and just the space part in general, but when you guys have ironed out those important things, it'd be interesting to see you guys add something like I said before with a big bustling city on the planet or in space.

2. Lastly my question was.... How would the multiplayer aspect work with players and their friends on board the ship when say someone had to log off? Is it like a massive multiplayer open world idea?
For example, say I gathered my friends to play and we joined in this special group lobby (before loading into the game and our ship) and when everyone was in I started it, which in turn would spawn us in our ship in the exact place where we were before we had logged out...
My question is, is that if it is indeed a multiplayer open world would we just spawn in, in our ship and when one of us had to go he would just be replaced by a NPC until everyone logged out, where then in turn the ship would just dissapear out of the world until we logged back in? I realize for a single player or CO-OP LAN it'd be easier because it just freezes the game when you save and exit it, but for multiplayer how would you keep your ship from getting destroyed or floating into nothingness while no one was on or if there was only one or two of your group of five online at that specific time (maybe add NPC in the other players places at least for when the one or two players are on that eventually dissapear if the other players join, because we all know that not everyone can be on at the same time..)?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm sure you guys already have discussed these topics, but I'd like a bit of clarification. Sorry if I confused you guys, but it was one of the questions I kept asking myself as I watched the developer video logs.

Thanks in advance!
- MCKOGAMING
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
mongo Feb 23 @ 11:59am 
k
mongo Feb 23 @ 11:59am 
1. no

2. not at all
MCKOGAMING Feb 23 @ 4:51pm 
...Ok...
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments