This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Zombie Tycoon II
McMarius11 Aug 27, 2013 @ 1:10pm
Linux Support?
Topic!
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Misterproof  [developer] Aug 27, 2013 @ 1:22pm 
As much as we'd like to have Linux support for ZT2 at launch it is not currently planned.
The main reason being that the game is made with Unreal 3 and that it doesn't support Linux easily. Of course everything is possible, but doing so would take more ressources than what is currently planned. If the game becomes successfull and it becomes financially viable to do so we will be happy to do it, especially considering the potential of linux based Steam boxes. In the meantime we will be putting all our efforts on making a great version for Windows.
SyntaxLV #GeT RekT! Aug 30, 2013 @ 3:37am 
Uradamus Aug 30, 2013 @ 2:32pm 
Too bad, I can understand your position though, but I also hope you understand mine when I say I can't up vote your game since only so many games can be greenlit and I want as many of them as possible to support the platform I have been using exclusively for the past 5 years. As much fun as your game looks to be, I'd rather it not be greenlit if it means one less Linux game has the chance to makes it through the gate.
Misterproof  [developer] Aug 30, 2013 @ 5:26pm 
Not a bad reasoning. However as far as I know there is no limit to how many games can be Greenlit.
Uradamus Aug 30, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Well, the issue is that it is a slow process and only a handful get greenlit at a time. So yes, given enough time most game can potentially get on Steam through the program, but the rate of new games added to Green Light far outstrips the number that get greenlit, causing a real bottle neck that means not everyone is likely to get in.

They have been talking about overhauling things to avoid this issue, until then though very few Windows only titles will see any support from me. I still wish you the best of luck as the game does look like a lot of fun, you will just have to get their without the votes of most of us on Linux (and Mac).
Misterproof  [developer] Aug 30, 2013 @ 6:18pm 
Fair enough
Lavarinth Aug 31, 2013 @ 8:25pm 
Don't worry, I only use Windows and will upvote you. Why? Because I think your IDEA is good, and don't care what platforms you are available for. Even if it wasn't on Windows.
madhi19 Sep 6, 2013 @ 9:39am 
Un sérieux dilemme: This is gut wrenching Linux support is usually where I draw the line on a vote. The whole vote with my wallet thing. On the other hand that game studio is in my home town. So local business first I guess.
Misterproof  [developer] Sep 6, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
@madhi19
Merci! I appreciate that!
fada.GérardXV Sep 20, 2013 @ 12:12am 
+1
就别让我ying Sep 21, 2013 @ 7:45pm 
nice
Screaming Hairy Armadillo Sep 27, 2013 @ 5:41am 
+1
MrZentase Sep 27, 2013 @ 7:30am 
yes
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments