Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Combat Monsters
Rubicon  [developer] Aug 8, 2013 @ 10:56am
Mobile a problem?
Some have noticed that our heritage is on mobile, but we're leading on PC this time around. If we don't get a greenlight we'll be forced to do it the old-fashioned (and a bit crap) way and supply a direct download. Please save us from that nightmare with an upvote!

Anyways, do people consider it a problem that there will also be mobile versions of the game?

The PC layout has been designed to also work on a tablet, but with the extra stuff you'd expect like mouse support. I'll admit that's not perfect if all you want is PC, but it does mean if you want to play on the go too, everything stays familiar.

(You can share your game account across all supported devices with no hassle)

So, prefer? dislike? care not a jot?

Thanks for your feedback...
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
.forji Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:08pm 
:X
Solo Solitaire Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
I like the idea of being able to play on either my PC or my iPad, but it really is important that when playing on a PC it really feels like a PC game, not a mobile port.

I don't see why anybody would have a problem with your heritage, it is your product that matters. Good luck.
Rubicon  [developer] Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:36pm 
Thanks Solitaire. What you said matches our mantra perfectly - all we have to do now is make sure we come good on it!
Maodeƒ Aug 8, 2013 @ 7:51pm 
<3
Barbarian Rush Aug 8, 2013 @ 9:43pm 
hi.... :D
Pipuniek Aug 9, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door :D
Vondred | H A Y D E N Aug 9, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
Honestly, I dislike mobile games being ported to PC, or anything in relation to such. To me, Mobile games are games I'd play for 5 minutes here or there, whether on a bus, during break at the job, on the toilet even. But after that, Done. If I'm at my PC. I wan't to be able to sit and play a game for hours. Things like Cut the Rope, or Where's my water.... Angry Birds even.. These *"apps" per say carry real no longevity in one setting.

By example. In Angry Birds, Stupid Zombies, and a few others that I have played. I 've probably put close to 30 hours combined.. In Skyrim, I'm well over 100 hundred and still going. Other games just the same. If you thinkyou can develop a game that can keep people like me occupied for that long, then I say bring it. But if you're only going to gain my attention for 5 minutes every once in a while. ... Neh.
Rubicon  [developer] Aug 10, 2013 @ 2:14am 
This isn't a port, we've led on PC from day one. We're just making sure we don't do anything that wouldn't fit on the mobile versions too.

We plan on getting you hooked completely. Not just for 5 minutes a day, but 24 hours. We'll let you have time off to eat something.... :)
DeathDevilEvil Aug 10, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
I never understood why do people on Greenlight automatically disaprove of every game that has a mobile version.
A good game is still a good game, on PC, console or on mobile.
Rubicon  [developer] Aug 10, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
I think a lot of it is explained in Space Butler's comment. A lot of mobile games, hell most of them, are designed not as "proper" games but as 5 minute time wasters. But that's not what we make, even on mobile.

(well, ok we did fruit blitz but we're not trying to get that on here. :) )

One of our games, Great Big War Game is even available on Steam already, but via a publisher which is why we're flapping in the wind on Greenlight for this.
Vondred | H A Y D E N Aug 10, 2013 @ 7:37pm 
Aye, and GBWG works, because it contains progression. Dungeon Defender coming to PC was also a genious move. I understand that Rubicon has placed a description of Combat Monsters in their greenlight page, but personally I don't feel convinced by that. The layout of the screen shots remind me of looking at screen shot layouts from the android app store.
A comment by a User:

«§»Molestation Turtle 19 hours ago
"..The images look like you're advertising a game for the mobile, and those images in the mobile game ads are not attractive."

On top of that the name of the game itself sounds like something i'd get for my phone. It's just a bit bland, imo. I just think if you want people to see this as a PC game, you need to make it more convincing that it's a PC game, and not a port from ios or Android.

Work on those changes, and you should pull through just fine.

On a last note, I'm not attempting to offend or troll. You guys make games. You spend hours on these projects so you can make a living, and provide a form of entertainment in the process. I get that. But if you're going to step into Greenlight, you need to listen to your community -- It's important to provide what they want. And it's up to you guys to make the proper judgement on those opinions.

Thanks for reading.
Rubicon  [developer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 2:13am 
Thanks SB. Notes taken and no, I don't think you're trolling and no offence taken. There's a massive difference between constructive criticism and the standard "the game is crap, I hope you all die" :)
Vondred | H A Y D E N Aug 11, 2013 @ 3:12am 
Haha, yeah, I use to walk down that road all the time. "This looks fake and gay. I hate your game, it's so inbalanced!" <--- Yet no one stops to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the developers have open eyes and ears to say and ask "Well, what would make it better for you?."

And in the brighter light of a better day, they may, JUST MAY, come back with an idea or opinion. All else can be ignored.

But regardless, you have my upvote because the concept of the game is different for the PC. And card games are decently attractive on the PC. I think you guys have a good chance to improve on this project. I'll just have to wait and see what the future brings. Best of luck to you guys!
Rubicon  [developer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 3:31am 
Thanks, it's appreciated.

We're trying to get an open beta out sometime in the next few weeks, so hopefully people can get to play it soon. The graphics are never going to be AAA because we're a tiny indie firm living hand to mouth, but I hope people like the look of it anyway.
p1xele4ek Aug 11, 2013 @ 4:38am 
hello
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50