This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Viscera Cleanup Detail
Battury Sep 22, 2013 @ 2:33pm
Initial thoughts thread. Questions and comments.
So, I just got done playing and "completing" one of the levels. And gotta say, I loved this game. Smart decision making it multiplayer.
I love the concept, the execution. It was just overall a great idea. But theres mainly one thing I want to discuss. The overall completion of a level. How are you supposed to fully clean a level? I saw the big oven thing, but when I put the waste baskets, or whatever you want to call them, in the oven, nothing happened. And so even though I had single handedly picked up every piece of trash, mopped up every bit of blood, I couldn't even get the joy of knowing that I successfully finished a level.
Was I doing it wrong?
I don't know. Thats the thing. I think what this game could really use is a very small tutorial level. Something easy, possibly voiced? Could be fun. Set the dark humor tone.
All in all, I'm stoked for this game. What do you all think?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Efreeti Oct 15, 2013 @ 10:55am 
I just tested the alpha and I have a lot of the same questions. The empty bloody buckets and biohazard baskets just keep piling up, I tried "refilling" a bucket but it just spawned a new one and sent the old one flying. Most of the giblets and trash seem to disappear instantly in the incinerator, but the dismembered torsos seem to have trouble doing so. The incinerator seems to be a safe place for "emptying" the bloody buckets though. Regarding level completion the developers seem to have confirmed that there are no victory conditions programmed in yet.
Last edited by Efreeti; Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:06am
FlutterPy(rii) Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:56pm 
Items take a varying amount of time to burn int he incinerator. Quicker if you close the door I think, but the incinerator is where all items you want baleeted go.
Raveneer Dec 3, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
The incinerator is pretty much the answer for everything. The biohazard crates and your bloody buckets go in there. If you still get the message that you missed something, it could be just about anything. It'd be great if we got some feedback as to what we missed. The sniffer has come a long way and is now pretty useful, but I still have a hard time figuring out which mode is which. I think the green mode is for detecting garbage and shell casings, and blue is for blood and body parts. The quicker it beeps in an area, the closer you are to the offending junk.

Unfortunately, in some areas the last level of blood splatter, a really light, dull brown, is almost invisible in some cases unless you have really good eyesight or use the developer mode (F7 to cycle to the one where everything looks like neon blue). In developer mode the blood will stand out better and look a little black, which helps you find those last few stubborn blood splatters. It'd be nice if there was some kind of 'janitor vision' that let you spot the last few bits of garbage or blood when you're close to the end of the level.
Efreeti Dec 4, 2013 @ 7:17am 
The worst thing is when a body part goes through the steps of some stairs and into where you can't possibly reach it.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50