This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Strike Vector
Rhaimes Aug 2, 2013 @ 2:08pm
The Questions that can Ruin a Game's Hype
- How would the developers rate the control?
- What game would you consider the control feels similar to?

You may ask why am I asking this. I've been a fan of racing (also aerial race) and dogfight games (has wide experience in playing Ace Combat franchise). Many franchise dug their own grave by "innovating" the control feel. You may know Ridge Racer. A game that was initially priced at 49.99 and now down to 29.99. There was a huge change of controls from its predecessor which the fans hated. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon was also a victim of this issue. I'm really looking forward to this game. It looks good. Idea is fresh. Would love to put it on my Library.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Naiba Aug 12, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
I'm definately interested in how rolling will be handeled, craft seem to automaticaly bank and self-write (just to look awesome) rather than relying on specific imput for it. Seeing that they don't have lifting surfaces it'll definately be interesting to see the differences between this and more traditional fixed-wing aircraft combat/flight-sims, however it turns out. :)

On another note:
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon was just... HORRIBLE..... forcing you into that stupid on-rails minigame for every kill by arbitrarily pathetic short-ranges on missile locks and generally useless manoeuvring capability. So tedious and repetitive, would expect as much from an iOS game.

Got bored half way through the second mission... how did the devs for it manage to mess up that bad? How could they even call it an Ace Combat game?
>9K Sep 19, 2013 @ 6:33am 
It seems not very different from Ace Online / Air Rivals (a starship shooter mmo) if controls are like these, they are just ok... The controls on this game is just, the ship heads to where the arrow is pointing, the distance from the cursor to the center determines the turning speed (it turns fast qhen cursor is far, and slowly when cursor is close to center) W or Space to Boost, S to "brake", A and D strafe. Double A and double D to roll left or right. Rolling probably allows u to evade incoming attacks...
phraxtal Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:09am 
"Two movement modes
You fly the Vector, the lastest hyper-speed VTOL, highly customizable and manoeuvrable Jet fighter. Your enhanced version can instantly switch between 2 movement modes :

- Jet Mode: reach high-speed, intercept opponents and fast evade incoming projectiles.

- Stationary Mode: strafe in all directions with increased precision, hold and defend key locations.

This unique gameplay allow you to fight face to face with your enemies like classical FPS, or playing dog fighting."

Sounds and looks to me like jet mode will be very fast; allowing one to fly long distances, engage in wide, high velocity turns and stationary mode will allow one to strafe through the air and move precisely but slowly. I think switching between the two looks to be very swift, allowing one to pivot and orient their ship in any direction before resuming jet speeds. This mechanic may work to define player skill and may be influenced by one's build. But this is just my speculation.

edit; grammar
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50