This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

CDF Ghostship
shaun  [developer] Jun 10, 2013 @ 3:22pm
Ask me anything about our game!
I am the lead developer of Ghostship and value your feedback and questions about the game. Please ask me anything you like!
Showing 1-15 of 81 comments
< >
Flyin Fish Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:33am 
Under Genre you have listed Platformer. I dont see that in the screenshots. How does platforming come into this?
shaun  [developer] Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:47am 
Platforming is how the arcade mode is styled. You will also have a grappling hook and will also require you to jump on ledges and grapple onto moving ledges. Lots of ledges in Arcade mode :)
AF_Vet Jun 11, 2013 @ 2:16pm 
this looks promising.. I like the "Doom" styled space FPS. Will the player use any additional style acrobatic moves for transversing rooms or exterior spaces?
shaun  [developer] Jun 11, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
Parts of the ship will be zero-g and you will need a zero-g suit to move through the area. On the zero-g suit you have metallic shoes so your movements are very slow and clunky and with zero gravity you will have traverse non horizontal ledges. There are a few more mechanics that are not in the alpha such as suit perks. These add special abilities, depending upon which character you play in story mode each will have their won perks. It is possible to get a new suite genitally bonded once you have certain items, in story mode.
shaun  [developer] Jun 11, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
Aside from the Story mode, the arcade mode will offer you more of an arcade game. Challenge mode is a series of challenges with same core mechanics but different objectives and goals. Onslaught mode is the same except wave based survival. And Simulation mode is a mixture of military simulations. I will be posting a vid of one of these shortly.
THAT_IS_MY_PORPOISE Jun 11, 2013 @ 7:55pm 
Regarding multiplayer: How will it work in it's repective game modes, and how are you planning to maintain a survival horror feel in a co-operative game, something that few games can accomplish?
Trix Jun 11, 2013 @ 10:30pm 
I am impressed with the trailer for this game and will make sure to keep my eye on this project, it looks very promising. there are a few things i picked up that i would like to mention in your trailer the ship is named icarus 3, you may or may not be aware of the movie "sunshine" which involves a ship and its crew going missing called the icarus 1 and another ship (the icarus 2) finds them adrift in space and winds up in a horror genre aswell. just wanted to put that out there because you called it icarus 3. i myself am a studying 3d modeler and animator and can appreciate the work thats been put into the game already in pre-alpha state and wish you luck. because the game industry as you know is very speculative and if your not careful little mistakes can loose big amounts of fans. cant wait to see this game in a further stage =).
shaun  [developer] Jun 12, 2013 @ 12:51am 
Hi Old Man Jim, The multiplayer and co-op are for the onslaught mode and simulation mode. The story mode is a single player free roamer.

Hi LookieLookiez, Yeah sunshine is is one of my favorite films. The ship is not called the Icarus, it is called The Goliath. The Icarus name is the name of the system, and the planet the colony is on is Icarus 3, and the Orbital space station is called the Icarus 3 orbital (I3o). If you are studying 3d modelling check out my main business - www.shauntwilliams.com

Dont forget to try out the alpha :)
Trix Jun 12, 2013 @ 1:54am 
yes its a great film and i must have missed that part. sorry about the uninformed babeling. i just had a look at your site and am amazed and without a boubt believe that a game that you produce will look brilliant and well imagined. i am working on a deep space exploration spaceship at the moment and the artwork and models you have produced are a great inspiration. thank you, you are very talented and i only hope in the future i can produce similar quality =)
shaun  [developer] Jun 12, 2013 @ 7:13am 
Thanks LookieLookiez, i have lots of models available for licensing, hundreds of space craft which are not on my site, that's just a small selection. I have been modeling for almost 20 years now, and have designed many different space craft. So if you need anything let me know and we can work something out :)

If you go to Florida, then check out the Science & Industry Museum in Tampa, My Moon-base is on display there :)
Gabaz Jun 12, 2013 @ 1:34pm 
Looks good, I upvoted, you can see alot of work has been put in. I am curious though, what kind of feel are you trying to give the game. What I am trying to say is, I really want a SURVIVAL HORROR experiance, this term is thrown around far too much, and almost any game with guns and something unearthly (zombies included) is now Survival horror game. When someone says survival horror, I think Dead Space is a good example, you feel like you need to SURVIVE more than get too the next checkpoint.

When I saw your video, I was thinking "Awesome a first person Dead Space-esque Survival Horror experiance, just what I wanted, (e.g. low ammo, freaky atmosphere, steller audio, and the odd jumpscare)", but then I saw miniguns being used and a different part of me went "Cool looks like a space Serious Sam-esque arena shooter". They are conflicting views, it looks good, don't get me wrong, it looks great actually, I just want to know, what is this game going to be, a real survival horror experiance or a quasi-fps/arena shooter with horror elements.

Keep up the good work, you can really see alot of effort has been put in.
shaun  [developer] Jun 12, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
Well Rick Roll, the look and feel is very similar to dead space, please download the alpha and try it out yourself -

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/cdfghostship/demo/50357.html

Better to try it out for yourself, in Ghost-ship there are no checkpoints, its a free roamer (story mode) it auto-saves each time you go to a different deck, but the same as dead space in terms of survival.

You have to explore the ship to find the ways to survive and find ammo and weapons etc But there are lots of enemies who will stand in your way. It is survival in the terms of surviving in a hostile environment while you are playing through the game. And the hole story-line is based on your survival, so if you don't survive you will never leave the ship!

Better to play it and see what you think! Story mode is just 1 game mode, there are 5 in the full game, in the alpha you can also play 2 challenges and 2 onslaught maps which again are a different type of game.
Hannibal Jun 13, 2013 @ 10:32pm 
;)
ShadowLocke Jun 14, 2013 @ 10:31pm 
I love this concept! Did you draw inspiration from places like Event Horizon and Aliens? Other games like Dead Space seem to be but are so action oriented they lose the survival horror aspect.
shaun  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:46am 
Yes my inspiration was a mixture of sci-fi, especially event horizon, aliens, pandorum, and many more. I am glad you like the concept and hope you enjoy the alpha :)
Showing 1-15 of 81 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50