This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Shadow of the Eternals
decster584 May 28, 2013 @ 12:13pm
The state of the Kickstarter
Maybe it's just me, but I think 1.35million was always asking a bit much - it's a shame that they're so far from the target, and I worry that without the kickstarter, this game won't ever be made :(
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
< >
Phallic Baldwin May 28, 2013 @ 4:48pm 
Don't worry, it won't be.
UGXwolf May 30, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
1.5 million isn't really that much, when you're talking about a project, like this. Besides that, they aren't stuck to the 30-day time limit, like most kickstarters are. They have the ability to take the money at any point, because they have multiple campaigns running. Since one is based in Paypal, unless they just decide to scrap the whole project, there is no real time limit. We'll see this game on the Wii U and Steam, without a doubt. In fact, I think they've already given the Pilot Episode the greenlight.

In other words, I'll be playing this game around the end of next year. No worries.
decster584 May 31, 2013 @ 9:11am 
What other campaigns do they have running? And I was under the impression that if a kickstarter doesn't reach its target in the time limit, they lose all of the money raised up til that point?

Also, there was an AMA where the COO basically confirmed my fears:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1fcfqi/i_am_shawn_jackson_coo_of_precursor_games/

[–]Josharoo [+1] 7 points 23 hours ago (10|3)
Will the game still be made if you don't reach the funding goal?

[–]Shawn_PrecursorGames [+6][S] 8 points 23 hours ago (15|7)
Since we do not have any other source of funding, it is unlikely.
PantherBasti Jun 1, 2013 @ 7:15am 
I'm also a bit worried about the huge discrepancy there seems to be in their own expectations and the readiness of the gamers to pledge for this game. I'm advertising this game in every way to all of my friends, so all of you liking that game, please do the same so that this great game will be developed!
shin_kagato Jun 2, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
Kickstarter is a great way for indie developers to fund their projects and Precursor are also using it as a way to get in direct contact with their fans and give them input into what will be in the finished game. The money they are looking for isnt really that much considering the quality of the game they are producing, lets keep spreading the word about the game so we can see it released ^_^
Ekabolio Jun 4, 2013 @ 1:22am 
I sincerely have faith that this game will get made.
「✝」 nulZ Jun 25, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
It won't be.
Azurioth Jul 10, 2013 @ 7:39am 
I also think this game is game going to be released. The question is when?
Asuka Langley Soryu Jul 10, 2013 @ 7:33pm 
Originally posted by nulZ:
It won't be.
Why are you so negative? The first kickstarter didn't work out, but I'm still holding out hope that this one will. Trouble is, people don't seem to be talking about this game very much. The Evil Within is getting way more attention, just from what I've seen. Come on! This is the long awaited sequal to one of the best survival horror games ever! People should be mad hyped!
philhaymes49  [developer] Jul 14, 2013 @ 5:41pm 
Hey all, I'm the new Social Media Manager for Precursor and wanted to stop by and let you know that the next campaign is going ahead on July 25th. I'd really encourage anyone interested to stop by our forums and say hi, we're having a real fun time on there and as a part of the community you get a great chance to help with content for the game. http://www.precursorgames.com/forums
Silver Dragon Jul 15, 2013 @ 10:44am 
Wow..$1.3MM. That's quite a bit for a game that I would see on an iPad/iPhone.
EvaUnit02 Jul 22, 2013 @ 3:16pm 
Best of luck with the new campaign. I'm eager to see your strategies this time around.
Aiken Drum Jul 23, 2013 @ 6:58am 
Phil, the fact that you guys say almost nothing about why you're rebooting the kickstarter leads us to nothing but suspicion. You guys are either pulling a fast one or you're extremely bad at PR. Either way, it's not a good move to have said so little between canceling the first KS and starting the second. Good luck, I hope you do great things in the end, but I'm sticking with caution and won't be giving you any money without seeing something more significant than some UDK-looking cutscenes you could easily have farmed out for cheap to some sweatshop in southeast asia.
philhaymes49  [developer] Jul 25, 2013 @ 2:48am 
@Eva - thanks for the support, all will be revealled in a few hours!

@Aiken - we've been pretty open and upfront on as much as we could with the reasons for relaunching the campaign as well as keeping constant communication with our forum community and having weekly podcasts. There are some things we aren't able to talk about for business reasons until the plans are locked down but everything will be shown in just a few hours. Also what we've been showing is fully playable game, not cutscene. WE've had several hundred people play it at comic-con over the last few days.
Aiken Drum Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:23am 
Well, I'm glad to hear that, Phil. This age of internet scam artists is a bad time to be tight-lipped, I'm afraid... to be so makes you look like someone who doesn't want anyone to realize too much, unfortunately--even if your reasons for doing it are actually good. It was an attractive demo reel and, like many, I was interested to the point of kicking your starter, so I'm glad to hear there's been demonstrable progress. with more information incoming.

Still, my advice remains: find a way to divulge more information if this sort of thing happens again, which it easily can. I've worked in the industry for 20 years myself and I know the business of unrelenting publisher pressure and their excessive secrecy, but I also know from firsthand experience that bending over too far backwards for your partner(s) can have you falling on your head.
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50