Torchlight II

Bandits Dungeon-Master
Bandit  [developer] May 13, 2013 @ 4:00pm
Questions / Comments
Anything goes
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
zParticle May 25, 2013 @ 11:08am 
Adding health regen to monsters was a stroke of brilliance. You should consider releasing that as a standalone mod.

What's the gold inlaid bell? Another investment item brought to you by the Franklin Mint?
Bandit  [developer] May 25, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
:) That was how I always played in TL1 and it made things pretty interesting. Unfortunately the modification is made within Globals.dat so changing health regen alone is impossible. I would need to come out with a bunch of versions for people who want to play with health regen but don't want synergies or loot changes.

As for the bell, I got a deal from a shady friend of mine, he sold me a huge lot of them out the back of his van. Needless to say, I have a surplus! :P jk it's merely a clone of the Gold Fish set to 1 million gold :3 but look at what shows up when you drop the item on the floor! :D I also made the item have the sound effect of gold. :D GOOOOOOOOOLD
fl9d May 27, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
I like all the fishing related mods coming these days like "Enhanced Fish" with the abbility to change your pet into an elemental like in TL1 or "Seafood" which lets you "cook" your fish at the transmuter into consumable fish with buffs. Also "Master Angler"... nice piece of work. To include those would be awesome.
Thx for the great work anyhow
Bandit  [developer] May 28, 2013 @ 12:49am 
Right now I am focusing on getting Skeleton and Animation files working properly for creating new models to place into the towns. I am able to import a Mesh into 3Ds max and apply the texture onto it and then modify the mesh, but I cannot figure out how to import skeleton files into the program once I edit the main mesh. So I guess that has been taking up a lot of my time. I cannot figure out how to fix the differences in the Mesh file into the Skeleton files in some type of non labor intensive fashion.
fl9d May 28, 2013 @ 4:03am 
the runic wiki is quite poor on this topic.. best would be some video tutorials. good luck
Bandit  [developer] May 29, 2013 @ 2:42pm 
thanks for the helpful links! :)
Oddegamra Jun 10, 2013 @ 2:50am 
If I move this mod after Synergies in the load order, will I be rid of the global.dat changes? I really like what parts of this mod do, but I can't deal with the health regeneration. It might not be much of a deal at high levels when every character can deal three gigzillas of damage per second, but at low levels, especially with an engineer, it's just a joke. For one, I cannot possibly die even when running into huge monster packs, as the inherit regeneration + the regeneration provided by Health Bot easily outpaces the damage monsters can put out. The other problem is, unless I significantly outlevel boss or hero monsters, I can't kill them either. That is, even with the ridiculously overpowered rare affix ranges provided by Synergies. Veteran difficulty is already a drag, and Elite difficulty is nearly impossible.
Last edited by Oddegamra; Jun 10, 2013 @ 3:10am
zParticle Jun 10, 2013 @ 3:09am 
Yup, any mod that modifies GLOBALS.DAT will do the trick, even something simpler like Zoomy or Lore Loading Tips.
Bandit  [developer] Jun 10, 2013 @ 11:01am 
Yes placing this below synergies will remove the mana and health regeneration, remove the modified loading tips, and it will return your loot chances back to base synergies (which is lower chances than vanilla).

You will keep the distance settings and all that, and the rest of the settings are the same as the synergies globals.dat file.

The health regeneration does indeed change the way you need to build your character. One hand weapon builds are not as effective dealing tons of damage so they are out the window, and tank builds just cannot deal enough damage to take down bosses fast enough. I would recomend a 2h build with enough health to stay in the middle of battle, so that you can dish out enough damage to wittle down the bosses. I am considering lowering the regeneration, but its just so fun. :3
zParticle Jun 24, 2013 @ 4:39pm 
Cool, I see you added the latest daylight robbery. Perhaps you can also paste in the updated description[gist.github.com]?

I also recommend you check out Reat's Hardcore Supermod Overhaul for ideas or even to consider integration. I've been playing with it lately and it's well done and a lot of fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153422863
Last edited by zParticle; Jul 5, 2013 @ 4:08pm
Bandit  [developer] Jun 24, 2013 @ 4:56pm 
Thanks for the paste, I put it into the description. I like some of the ideas in his supermod overhaul, especially the modifications of champions... that is a really cool idea.
Last edited by Bandit; Jun 24, 2013 @ 4:58pm
zParticle Jul 21, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
Daylight robbery and description[gist.github.com] updated.
Bandit  [developer] Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:44am 
:) thanks again zparticle
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50