This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

The Dead Linger - Alpha
UpStream Tugboat Jul 2, 2013 @ 5:08pm
Should I buy?
So with DayZ SA coming out soon.. Should I buy this game? Worth the 20$?
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
< >
howell2010 Jul 2, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
Yes
Wasabi Jul 2, 2013 @ 7:06pm 
Yes.
MadCow234 Jul 2, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
Yes.
LazarusMP Jul 2, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Yarp.
Polarite Jul 2, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Yes. You should.
Docteur_Haricot Jul 2, 2013 @ 9:17pm 
Yes.
UpStream Tugboat Jul 2, 2013 @ 9:49pm 
Wow. A lot of yes anwsers. Now could I have reasons?
Wasabi Jul 3, 2013 @ 12:13am 
All the reasons you need are on their website; just take the time to do some research. After all, at the end of the day, it's entirely up to you which one you want to buy.
SilentAssassin-4 Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:11am 
I just bought the game yesterday. It is extremely fun especially if you play with friends. I wouldn't really compare it to DayZ because the game seems to be more based off of cooperative teamwork than pvp right now. It's still an alpha so there are some bugs that occur frequently and a lot of stuff still needs to be added, but I still enjoy it. I'm getting both games.
Last edited by SilentAssassin-4; Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:12am
BlexX Jul 3, 2013 @ 2:59am 
well if u like zombies i would better bought arma II and get dayz but yh this game looks cool so yh
RadHaz Jul 3, 2013 @ 3:22am 
YES!
UpStream Tugboat Jul 3, 2013 @ 7:56am 
so im gonna buy it without friends... Still fun? Sorry Im pretty scetchy about games after my last sh** buy with Infestation (The WarZ).
UpStream Tugboat Jul 3, 2013 @ 7:56am 
And on top I dont really have the money to spend willy nilly if tht makes sense lol
UpStream Tugboat Jul 3, 2013 @ 8:08am 
Ok. I WOULD like to disagree probable seeing youre a "fanboy" of TDL. TDL looks great but you have to realize that was just a mod. Theyve remade like Dead Hall said, redoing MOST texures etc. DayZ SA is gonna be one of the best SIMULATORS for a zombie game. While to me, TDL looks for FUN but not as seriour per-say.
Walter44 Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:52am 
Allow me to disagree. While I admit that I have not played the mod version of DayZ and don't really care for the SA version, TDL already plays fairly realistic, even with the glitches and several features still missing. You can enter every building on the map (at the moment, every door is unlocked, but in later releases, they're planning to implement a lockpick mechanic) and barricade it like you want, by simply using the physics of the game. You can even build your own little hut, if you want. The wood for these barricades (and the campfires in one of the coming updates) you can gather by simply walking up to a tree (or even a telephone pole) and hacking at it with an axe. Yes, it then just "explodes" in different kinds of boards and planks, but that's just for convenience's sake. Also planned is the ability to find and fortify vehicles, basically turning a bus into a mobile fortress, which you can also use to store your weapons (by simply throwing in the trunk). And of course, there's already a hunger system implemented, along with an infection system which can lead to your character becoming a zombie. Another system that's at least considered is a temperature system, requiring the player to wear certain clothes to stay warm/cool.
Again, I'm not really an expert on DayZ (neither Mod nor SA), but it seemed to me that, at least in the mod, if you wanted to barricade something for example, you just automatically built a barricade, while in TDL, you actually use the physics to build barricades and makeshift structures more like you would in Real Life.

Anyway, as long as I'm here, another reason why you should buy TDL:
The world. It's awesome that it's procedurally generated. That means that you have an almost endless sandbox to explore and it's always different each time you start a new game or join a new server! Besides that, you can - as stated above - enter EVERY building you come across, loot it, barricade (and even decorate!) it and use it as your base if you want to. Of course, right now there are just about 7 or so different kinds of buildings you can enter, but there's more to come.

So, to answer the question: Yes, you should buy it. Should you buy it instead of DayZ? I can't answer that. But I'm pretty sure that both games have aspects you can enjoy.
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50