This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted
Dragoniade Oct 22, 2013 @ 5:19am
What's the gain of putting this game in Steam?
I still fail to see how we would benefit seeing this game on Steam.

Would it become a pay once, play forever game? It doesn't seem so.
They already provide a download utility to install the game.
After that, all the management is done on their side. Steam has nothing to do with it.

Other than being another installing software, unless Vitrium plan to add paid contents such as Purchasing the game, DLC for lair, DLC for plot, DLC for improved model, DLC for playing a race, I don't see the point of adding it on Steam.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Valarian Dec 28, 2013 @ 7:02pm 
I think it's less about providing a platform for the game and more about getting the word out. They desperately want a bigger community.
Dragoniade Dec 29, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
Well, as an ex horizons player, if they want a bigger community they need to a few things to justify the 15$ per month:

Horizons is a very old game. 15$ for a 10 years MMOPRG that hasn't evolved is a lot. Sure, they added a few quests and added some map area, but...

They need to refresh the graphic. With today's game and other MMORPG, the graphics are outdated. Even an HD pack for the playable characters would be a start to give the game a new start.

Give dragon more adventure class. Old dragon players like me got bored at being stalled at level 100. So far, they added 2 extra crafting classes, but mining get boring for adventuring player. But when you reach level 100, it's over. No multi class to have your experience worth something.

Lower the price. 15$ is a lot by today's game standard. The 'Free to Play' being limited to a human character only isn't enough to attract people. They could 'auction' random item for people to buy with real money (or tokens). They could auction special plot for money, But without some added content other than 'you can play a dragon' the 15$ is barely justifiable for a 10 years old game.

Steam may help attract people, but if they want to keep them, they need to give the game a new look.
daulnay Sep 2, 2014 @ 1:33pm 
I'm an ex-Horizons player, too. This is the only game I've played that I've supported past when I'd moved on to other games. It has unique and interesting mechanics for crafting and character progression, and I've come back again and again to it, after playing each new variation on the WoW mmo theme. Dragons are interesting and fun, but imo the depth of the game comes from the crafting and the character progression for non-Dragons. And that is something you can (partly) experience as free-to-play. I also like the huge open world, and the weather effects (something many recent MMOs still lack).

This game is worth supporting, even if you don't play it, or wince at the antiquated graphics, or can't stomach the 2nd-generation grindiness. My 6 months subscription ran out recently, and I'm going to put down another 6 months, even though I probably won't play this next 6 months either. (And no, I don't have a lair or plot or any of the things you lose if you stop subscribing.) It's important to support truly unique games, and keep them around if possible. I regret never being able to play Star Wars Galaxies, and I miss City of Heroes. I'd hate for Istaria to follow them.
Bazil Frostilicus Nov 25, 2014 @ 5:56pm 
@dragoniade im going to stop you there on the 15$ a month gig. apparently your not an ex istaria player if you diddent read what the subs are.

1st sub is 9.99$ (noplot) a month Litterly no plan no sneakiness.. litterly as it says there.

the 2nd sub is with a plot and its 14$ a month.

So really you should stop complaining. its been this way and its a good monthly. i dont want a lair i just want to play. so the 9$ plans good enough for me :F

Dragoniade Nov 25, 2014 @ 7:42pm 
You don't want a lair, but some does.

And yes, I know about the 10$ basis subscription. and for being an ex-Horizons, losing a lair would be downgrading. Especially when I had to go through months and months watching bipeds working on their plot without a lair of my own, relying on bipeds or an alt to work on a biped plot I luckily managed to get.

So Bazil, get your head out of your cloaca before insulting older players who disagreee with the current status of the game.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50