This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Worlds of Magic
Wastelands Interactive  [developer] Apr 13, 2013 @ 10:36am
What is your favorite race or faction?
Personally I'm after Dwarves, as the Axe-way of solving the problems is often most fun in the games. And what about you guys?
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
asmodeus2 Apr 13, 2013 @ 11:01am 
Dark Elves, Undead. I hope you add Dark Elves to Worlds of Magic :D
Wastelands Interactive  [developer] Apr 13, 2013 @ 11:04am 
This can be also your decision, two of the initial six races are going to be chosen by community.
Pen. master of videos. Apr 13, 2013 @ 5:23pm 
Undead, with skeletons. But please, undead.
Wastelands Interactive  [developer] Apr 14, 2013 @ 1:16am 
Yeah, there will be Undead
Big Boom Boom Apr 15, 2013 @ 5:36am 
A few of the races I like from the original Master of Magics:
Lizardmen (they can swim, making them strategically different)
Draconian (they can fly, same with Lizardmen they play differently from the other races)
Dark Elves, like the MoM one, all units has one used magical attack. That came in handy vs monsters with physical resistance/immunity early on.
Trolls, a whole race of regenerative greenskin giants. Them spearmen were probably the strongest basic units, but they don't have high tech level.
Mirrashar Apr 21, 2013 @ 2:58pm 
Dwarves was my fav . im like the Hammerhands unit , but im like the huge choice of Races and their unique way to play
Shadow Apr 21, 2013 @ 9:54pm 
what about a race of Turtle Men, or Minotaurs, or something really bizzare like Dolphin Men who ride Bears?
Wastelands Interactive  [developer] Apr 22, 2013 @ 12:53am 
I think the last one has got least chance to get into the game.
EXoCiDe Apr 24, 2013 @ 9:32pm 
Nomad was my first choice and I used them for a long time (when I was just a kid).
Coincidentally my uncle played MOM too and I remember he used High Men when he played.

I have no suggestions for any new additions but I would like to play Gnoll and I hope they're not going to be the gimp of all the races. If I remember correctly, that's exactly what they were in MOM.
Last edited by EXoCiDe; Apr 24, 2013 @ 9:52pm
Haldain May 2, 2013 @ 7:33pm 
I always liked the barbarians and the berzerkers, start with them and take everyone else over.
sworod Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:09pm 
Dark elvezzz
Wastelands Interactive  [developer] Jun 3, 2013 @ 11:22pm 
Actually the next race is going to be insectoids
tharghuul Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
Halflings always was my race of choice nothing was more fun that seeing dragons slain by a bunch of little guys with slings ;-) and extra food was always a premium
Obsidian Jun 14, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
I liked different races for different abilities. A few races were kind of bad, namely Lizardmen, Klaxons and Gnolls (and orcs to an extent), but the others had their uses.

I loved High Men for their versatiliy, 6man Magician units, and Paladins. Paladins are awesome.
Dark Elves had fun units, everyone was a caster, and warlocks owned.
Dwarf Hammerers were godly.
Halflings expanded fast, and with proper support, Slingers were possibly the most powerful unit in the game. The number of drakes I took down with a stack of slingers is uncountable.
Draconians had fun with Airships and flying infantry.
Barbarians and thrown weapons were very potent.
Regen Trolls were ok, and very tough.

Really... I liked most of the races, there should be more than 6 if possible, but having an undead race in addition to necromancy summoning spells would be awesome. So long as Shadow Deamons are still a late-game summon... those things were brutal.
endyamon Jun 18, 2013 @ 2:29am 
Originally posted by Obsidian:
but having an undead race in addition to necromancy summoning spells would be awesome. So long as Shadow Deamons are still a late-game summon... those things were brutal.

I disagree, why should you use necromancy if you can have all of its units simply by capturing a city of the undead? So dark magic would be pretty pointless. Or a neat addition for your undead army at best.

My favorite races where

High Elves (just because of the mana gain per population)
High Men
Klackons
Lizard Men

Myror
well honestly all of them were awesome but Dark Elves and Draconians are by far the best races in the game if you ask me. Especially the flying firebreathing spearmen where fun XD
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50