This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Survivor Squad
Hempy F. Skywalker Apr 7, 2013 @ 11:40am
IDEAS: Give the DEVS your ideas! (THEY ARE LISTENING)!
Have ideas to better this game before release? Give those ideas HERE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There needs to a a SQUAD based PVP mode :) Where each team would spawn randomly in game w/ NO WEAPONS. They would have to quickly scavenge for weapons and take out the others teams. Last team to have player alive WINS :)
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
Darth Revan Apr 7, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
A Co-op mode would be awsome for a game like this. Cant see myself playing it single player but co-op id get into it in a heartbeat
georgli Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:48am 
I would like to make a suggestion on behalf of disabled gamers like myself and hundreds of thousands of possible players out there. I would like to ask that you take a look into accessibility options for your game such as options for the colorblind or people who don't see very well. There are people who have trouble using a hardware keyboard, people who cannot use more than one mouse button. There are those with hearing disabilities, others are not so quick and so on.
I know it sounds like a hell lot of work and I know that some accessibility features ain't too easy to implement but often it's just a small change with huge Impact. For example font styles and text on a black background box.

A big problem with rather hecktical top down shooters is e wasd+mouse control scheme which totally makes sense for gamers who don't have physical disabilities. When I look at my personal situation for example:
When I play FPS, I use one button to walk forward and the other to shoot.That works because the figure turns to where it looks. That way there is not much need to strafe left or right. Of course this sounds rather stupid to the average not-disabled gamer but for disabled gamers it makes perfect sense, simply because we can participate. Most people like myself don't care about how flawlessly we run through a game.
So with the above example of my way to play shooters I suggest to include a similar option into your game:
A forward key that makes the figure walk into the direction the reticule is at.

I don't know if that is already that way but I don't really think so.

Other accessibility options that can have an immense impact:
Fully customizable controls
Closed captioning of sounds that are part of the game in order to help players to find or avoid certain thing or that raise immersion. These cues are best when they give directions as well (e.g. Scratching from far left).
Slow down option

While I wrote this posting a neat idea came to my mind. Co-op 3.0.
One person controls where to move and the other aims and shoots.

Okay, that's a lot to take in. There is an organization called ablegamers and the have released an awesome PDF (and printed) guide of ways to improve accessibility in games. Here's the link:
http://www.includification.com/
I'm not part of their team.

Thanks for reading.
Hempy F. Skywalker Apr 12, 2013 @ 8:58am 
WOW! Amazing suggestions and I know devs read this stuff man. Right on with the detailed post. Maybe a dev can weigh in and let us know if this is possible at all.
A_N00B Apr 13, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
maybe have some sort of crafting or modification system, for example, maybe if you have a double barreled shotgun and a saw, you could make a sawed-off shotgun, or maybe you can cut up a shirt into bandages, craft improvised weapons like molotov cocktails, pipe bombs, spiked baseball bats (Bat+nails) honestly, with the right materials, many weapons can be made from common materials
A_N00B Apr 13, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
oh, this may be difficult to implement, but maybe for the crafting system, it could be possible to have different items to be used for crafinting recipies, as long as they have similar characteristics, and have them affact the final stats, so for example, if you don't have gasoline for a molotov, you can make a less powerful one with a particularly strong vodka.

it would also be good to have an upgrade system, so if you add an antiseptic to an improvised bandage, it would make an upraded bandage that lessens the chance of infection
Toxic_Monkey_DK Apr 20, 2013 @ 6:39am 
if you could add a base building feature to this it would be awesome. i have seen one of the screenshots there is a sentry gun wich is already a big part of defending a base if you dont have that many people in your squad.
Last edited by Toxic_Monkey_DK; Apr 20, 2013 @ 6:43am
MoltenCross May 2, 2013 @ 6:12am 
I would love to see different Team Roles you can mix and mach up. Like you have a Leader giving anyone an "awareness bonus" so the Visual Range of squad members increase. A Medic who Heals over time. A Mechanic who can set up cameras and/or Traps (From Barriers, Trip-Wires up to Robotic Smartguns) and gives a Crafting Bonus (Less material needed) . A Forward Observer who gets better salvage. A Marksman who reloads faster, nedds less bullets, has more dps.

Another Idea I have not seen in a game is that different persons working together recieve different outcomes. So a Leader and a Mechanic would create Gear that can be placed to confer Bonuses to anybody arround. Or a Forward Observer and a Medic would produce more Medkits and Drugs as to a Marksman and the FO standing close by the would end up finding more guns and ammo, while teamed with the Leader they would find survivors faster/ more often.

Sort of creating sub teams, where I do not just have to look at every angle coverd, but in which way.

I am a recurring player of the Game Corp Flash Game and that is about the "expierience" I have with Game Design so I have no Idea what kind of development and or coding my Ideas would need nor if they woud be appreciated by other players.

Good Luck and All The Best

M,
Seiking May 4, 2013 @ 12:17pm 
the game looks good, but the only thing I do not like much is that to select each character must make click (should have the option to do with the numbers or at least give the option to set up a group with the numbers or other key) also not bad caeria cooperative option, if they put the option cooperative survival mode no evil would fall to create a sentry or something to support the team (although not as necessary a sentry)
Ratchet Lombax May 10, 2013 @ 2:02pm 
Cooperative Mode, and being able to shoot while moving.
FF56  [developer] May 14, 2013 @ 3:16am 
Thanks a bunch for all the comments everyone!

Your feedback has been very helpful and I hope to implement some of those ideas in future updates!
JackMayol May 15, 2013 @ 1:39am 
Originally posted by Darth Revan:
A Co-op mode would be awsome for a game like this. Cant see myself playing it single player but co-op id get into it in a heartbeat

same here.
FrenchTart May 15, 2013 @ 9:48am 
It's been said a lot above already but yeah.. Co-op mode would be an instant purchase for me. I don't really have any interest in it as a single-player game.
Charlievil May 15, 2013 @ 12:58pm 
If we buy it now off the game's website would we get a Steam code when it gets onto Steam? I loved the demo and will definitely be buying the game but I prefer to have everything managed by steam if possible.
JackMayol May 15, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
Steam keys will be given to current buyers when the game is greenlit

@charlie: how about reading the description? ;)
On my greenlight game submission (Running with Rifles) we also had that question sooo often even though it's clearly written in the description... People are so lazy sometimes :D
Charlievil May 15, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
Clearly I'm an idiot. I read the description but somehow completely missed that. Great to know, just bought the game.
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50