This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Nite Aug 20, 2013 @ 3:05pm
What are you're thoughts on the game so far?
For those who got into Taiwan and EU beta such as JinNJuice, what are you're thoughts on the game so far? I want to know you're opinion and how you feel about the game. Please be very honest as possible. I know this is only beta and things are subjected to change but I'm curious as to what people have to say now that they got their hands on the game. Here are some questions that may help: Does the gameplay feel "smooth"? Does it feel "clunky"? Are you disappointed in anyway with the game? Did it meet you're expectations? Can you see you're self playing this game for a long time? Can you see you're self improving and in what aspects? Does the game feel like it can truly become a competitive E-sport title?
And for those who had played Gunz 1 for a long time and got to play one of these beta tests: How does the fast paced feel from Gunz 1 compare to Gunz 2? Does it feel slower? What are you're overall thoughts on Gunz 2?

Thanks!
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Rainy Aug 21, 2013 @ 1:33am 
I think It's great but really hard to tell with the distant lag for me I will have to wait until steam beta.
6eDaJIara Aug 21, 2013 @ 8:16am 
ага
๖ۣۜSmilingSoul Aug 21, 2013 @ 9:26am 
It's so fun. The hosting thing (when you make the rtoom you are not the host for some reason...) is kinda buggy but the rest is okay.

Swords are so ♥♥♥♥ing broken. Swords are basically one hit KO untill you reach lvl 8 and gain the skill to press space bar and counter it.

PvE is fun especially the bosses.

Maps are simple but that's what makes it intense.

even tho it's called Gunz 2 it's just a new game.

the items though. The items are the only thing letting this game down. Gunz 2 have opted to go towards the route of "renting"

You can not buy perm items. Instead you have to pay to rent for 1day 3day 5day 30day
this system sucks.

A lot of people have been wondering if Gunz 2 feels slower.

Honestly, no. The maps are small and spawn times are short. It get pretty intense most of the time unless you're camping somwhere with a snipe.
Raptor Whisperer Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:52am 
I haven played it, but it just kinda looks like a reskin from gunz 1 but eh i'll enjoy it anyway
JinNJuice Aug 21, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
Haha! I got an honorable mention! ... Uhh... Anyways, I have two major complaints.

- Hitstuns are too long. It's annoying to flinch even once from melee, snipers, grenades, campaign melee soldiers, etc.
- It's so hard to switch weapons. I get not being able to switch to a gun after swinging melee, but after firing, why do we have to wait for so long?? There's even a delayed unsheath time when switching. Actually, Gun Slingers DON'T have that problem.

Oh, but I do have smaller complaints too.

- Everything does too much damage. Well... except maybe the sniper rifles. I thought we had Optimite for a reason.
- There needs to be a better option to recover from being knocked down, like maybe pressing space at the right moment to quickly get up while rolling, before laying on the ground.
- There needs to be a way for melee to hit people laying on the ground. Unless there's a quicker, smoother way to switch weapons, it's almost annoying to be knocking down my enemies.
- I still don't like item pickups. It's a deterrent and a punishment.
CosmicKirby Aug 22, 2013 @ 11:02am 
They went with the S4 League-esque rental system? I hate that model with an absurd passion. I'm glad I actually played that game at a time when it was possible to buy the perms with in-game currency.

If there's a reasonable way to obtain perms in-game, even if it's expensive/rare/hard to get, then I would be fine with it. But rental systems are a massive turnoff for me.
Magon Wasster Aug 22, 2013 @ 3:34pm 
it looks like they mashed soldierfront 2, gears of war, and gunz together. i don't really like this. it looks way more shooty than the old gunz, and it looks like it does not require as much skill
Fa3r Aug 23, 2013 @ 8:12am 
Rentals completely ruin the rewarding feeling of progression for me :(
Jyuji Aug 28, 2013 @ 9:12pm 
Melee needs to have further development. Characters also need early level buffs. Like JinNJuice said, everything does too much damage. But rather than nerfing damage, character stats should be buffed.

Also I really hate the rent-a-weapon system. It's almost the same as Blacklight's rent system.
JinNJuice Aug 28, 2013 @ 10:57pm 
Refer to my thread in ProSiebenSat.1 Games's GunZ 2 forum section, if you would like to see more detailed descriptions of my thoughts towards the game's current build.

http://forum.gunz2.co.uk/threads/jins-personal-insights.222/
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50