This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
melon Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:33pm
What would ruin gunz 2 for you?
I am sure many of you have been waiting patiently the last few centuries for gunz 2 to finally come out, ever since ijji gunz went to hell from hackers and international stopped updating (not that I blame maiet for that). In its prime, gunz was probably the best online fps I ever played, but when you wait so long you get kind of worried about how they could screw it up. Personally, I think it's a really good sign that they decided to at least release to the americas through steam, so I expect things to go generally well and I am counting on gunz 2 being as fun as the first, but making a great and successful game is a delicate process and a single dumb mistake could practically ruin it.

SO, not to be a downer, but what are you people afraid of happening to gunz 2? Personally, I agree with a lot of you and think the worst case scenario would be cash shops that give unfair advantages in-game, so I hope they have a more modern approach to monetization like Leage of Legends or Team Fortress 2, which have proven both fair and hugely successful. Besides that, I am a little worried the quests might be too easy, since the reason I liked the gunz quests was that they were so hard at high levels you only won less than half the time. If they make them easy, it's more of a grind than a challenge, but we'll see.

Who wants to share their thoughts and fears? (By the way, arguing for or against kstyle is pointless by now so you might as well do it elsewhere)
Last edited by melon; Mar 27, 2013 @ 12:38pm
Showing 1-15 of 569 comments
< >
!!!! Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
The first downfall for me so far was when I realised this version is not for EU...

The next would be if they added a Pay 2 win model, shortly followed by hackers...

I've played the game and I've enjoyed it. So mechanicwise about the game, I have nothing to fear :)
JinNJuice Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
I will be sad if the balance of the game was ruined, especially by "premiums" statistics.
Alzakiel Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:12pm 
It would ruin Gunz 2 if someone find a way to k-style lol
Fenrir007 Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
Hackers and p2w
Left Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:59pm 
Hackers and Pay to win...
Ryswick Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by melon:
gunz was probably the best online fps I ever played

I assume you mean TPS, its not a first person shooter.

Also P2W.
Mr.Peanut Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
Aeria games running this game would ruin it
nehoma2020 Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
Maiet doesnt support any of their games here in north america, im sure that any GUNZ2 version we see here will be put into cash cow mode day 1, and shortly followed by hackers... and Maiet just doesnt support its games nearly enough and the best you could hope for are patches that fix the problems for less than 48 hours. Then yoo get another few months of the problems.
FenixStryk Mar 25, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
Hopefully the spirit of K-Style remains, despite the simplifications and class differences. If the K-esque pacing isn't there, that would ruin it for a lot of people.
syndonic Mar 25, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
P2W, k-style stays
Virfortis Mar 25, 2013 @ 8:43pm 
Originally posted by Alzakiel:

Agreed, time K-style died.
Master Zone Mar 25, 2013 @ 9:34pm 
Originally posted by DGVirfortis:
Originally posted by Alzakiel:

Agreed, time K-style died.

K-Style is what made the first game such a big icon...

This is what is wrong with competitive gaming today, casuals whining when they are unable to do something that takes skill.

Without K-Style this new gunz game will NEVER be as big as the first, FULL STOP!
Also, don’t give me that bug, glitch bull crud about K-Style. Do you know how many iconic games with iconic gameplay started out as simple bugs that are now considered as part of the game?

nerdstick Mar 25, 2013 @ 11:00pm 
If you want K-Style, Gunz still exists. I say it's a good thing Gunz2 is sticking to its new vision rather than simply being GunzHD.

Bog-Standards: Hackers, Pay2Win. But most of all anything like the 'insta' glitch from Gunz, which ruined my favorite mode, Gladiator.
Rainy Mar 26, 2013 @ 12:13am 
Having a Unactive staff, p2w, hackers.
Celestial Ninja Teapot Mar 26, 2013 @ 2:02am 
What would really ruin GunZ 2:
-A class system (It would suck to know that GunZ 2 has a class system!!!)
-Pay 2 Win or *cough cough* Pay 2 Wear model like in GunZ.
-That there should be a glimpse of K-style, that what made GunZ unique!
Showing 1-15 of 569 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50