This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
MAIET Games  [developer] Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:12am
Official Suggestion Thread
Help us improve GunZ 2: The Second Duel!
Showing 1-15 of 878 comments
< >
bobosaur Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:16am 
Is there an ETA of when it will be released on steam? Thanks!
MAIET Games  [developer] Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:26am 
GunZ 2 is currently on Greenlight evaluation process. As soon as we get 'greenlit' by players, we will then be able to discuss more details with Valve to publish the game. As far as the development of the game goes, I am very confident that we will be able to launch the game in Korea in Q2 2013.
Sweet Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:11am 
Will there be the good ol' k-style on your new game? 'Cause that was the only thing that made me play Gunz 1 for so long as I did, and all the sword movements on your trailer seems to be a generic action-game rip-off like Devil May Cry.
Ris Xyno Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:41am 
Have a Closed Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, then Release and you'll be sure to get a ton of improvement requests.
Monckey100 Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:00am 
Originally posted by MAIET Games:
GunZ 2 is currently on Greenlight evaluation process. As soon as we get 'greenlit' by players, we will then be able to discuss more details with Valve to publish the game. As far as the development of the game goes, I am very confident that we will be able to launch the game in Korea in Q2 2013.
Give us k-style back. That or rename this thing to DMC online and drop Gunz 2 for a proper sequel title. This is the LAST thing I'd ever point to if I was to try to teach someone what a sequel was.
!!!! Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:02am 
From a Player who has played the last KCBT, I really would like a 1 vs 1 mode implemented. It was actually really fun to play just 1 vs 1. (It was like a great and fun way of practicing)

Also, if you are aiming for an e-sport, my advice is that you try to develop something inituative rather than having Death Matches as your key mode. It is most popular and such in general for most PvP games, but does not attract other public if they are watching it as much as other modes. A mode such as capture the flag (S4 League has Touch Down, but I don't think the concept will fit into Gunz2)... will surely attract new players as well as adding depth to the game!
Last edited by !!!!; Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:04am
Ryswick Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:13am 
The game is looking fantastic but I'm not alone in thinking that k-style is what really made GunZ the game that it is. By removing k-style (and d-style) you are limiting the amount of actions players can do, slowing down combat, and ruining the flow of the game.

The combat looks flashier yes, but it now seems void of substance, unlike the great dance of blades that can be seen in the first game. Will I vote for the greenlight? Without a doubt! I loved the first game and played it for years (bonus points for those who know where I got this name from).

However I don't see this game having the same "hook" that got a lot of people really excited about the first game. There isn't any combat that can move from the ground, to the walls, to the air in a seamless motion; the symphony of keystrokes that is GunZ: The Duel.
Last edited by Ryswick; Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:13am
Sweet Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:14am 
Ryswick Style, one of the songs in Gunz1.
melon Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:43am 
guys it was not their decision to remove kstyle! please do some research before you make these judgments against maiet as kstyle was banned in korea due to the strain on the korean economy from many young gamers breaking their fingers from extended butterfly sessions and becoming unemployed! please think about other people than yourselves before you say these things
!!!! Mar 25, 2013 @ 2:58am 
LOL! ^ Source?
Cannot believe this.
!!!! Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:12am 
btw
"STEAM Greenlight project is being prepared by MAIET Entertainment on its own targeting only the North and South American markets"
Please host European server on Steam as well (And SEA probably)... Splitting community is bad for the game :o
MAIET Games  [developer] Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:18am 
I understand where you're coming from with the k-style issue. I too loved k-style and thought that it was one of the best features of Gunz 1. However, as some of you might remember, we never intended to develop k-style but it was rather created by players. K-style in fact originated from a glitch. Also, although k-style was loved by the majority of old fans, it created a huge entry barrier to newbie players at the same time. In Gunz 2, we wanted to make the game accessible to much bigger number of gamers. Our goal is to keep the stylish action but make the control easier. We also added other features such as class system to keep veteran players interested, too. We want you to remember that it was you, the players, who came up with k-style, and we believe that you will come up with even more unique ways to enjoy GunZ 2: The Second Duel. You'll see my point once you're in the game.
Elex Mar 25, 2013 @ 3:23am 
Thanks Maiet and Steam! No better fast-paced action game than GunZ! The new class system is really great! Although, I just really hope that it will be as balanced as possible! When I say balanced I mean that each class can defeat any other class with multiple options to do so. All will be decided from the player's skills alone. Also, it would be great if you target entering into E-Sports so make game modes most suitable for competitive gaming.

Anyway good luck on this. Please let it get through Steam!
Secrets Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:25am 
Suggestion: Look into getting your game VAC-secured and working with Valve to include their anti-cheat.

One of the few things I hated about GunZ 1 was the lack of security measures included to stop people from cheating. Using a method like Punkbuster, GameGuard, XTrap, or Hackshield is really ineffective when compared to Valve Anti-Cheat. I don't recall many cheaters in TF2, although that may be because of the engine itself.

The American community is very vicious, as you can tell, when it comes to including cheats in your game. It's the nature of both North and South America to cheat, unfortunately, and having some proper measures to prevent people from cheating would be ideal.

I would recommend not 'detecting' cheats, but instead logging them. Previously, MAIET's approach was to rely on a system such as outright prevention to defer cheaters. I think it would be in your best interest if you use a system like the popular NA/EU game All Points Bulletin and do ban-waves of cheaters instead of relying on preventing them.

That is one of my suggestions, I will try and keep them contained to this thread, however.
Secrets Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:29am 
Another suggestion would be to include community feedback more in the design. One of the problems most players had with GunZ1's balancing is that weapons' damage increased on a linear curve. You had shotguns that did 3 damage, then 4, then 5, then 6, all the way up to 9 without giving any penalty to using a shotgun with higher damage. I hope that the design of GunZ2 is a bit more penalizing for using a higher damage shotgun.

For example, you could have a shotgun that does 5 damage, and another that does 7. The one that does 7 damage would reduce your movement and animation speed, whereas the one that does 5 damage would increase your movement and animation speed while doing slightly less damage overall. You could charge money for both of these shotguns, and have a 6 damage shotgun as a 'base' shotgun that free players can acquire.

Note: I know for a fact that RealSpace2 had support for different animation speeds although not on-the-fly. I am hoping RealSpace3 actually supports this now.

A good example of this getting out of whack is the 11-damage shotguns that were a direct upgrade to the Avenger Mk. II by having increased clip size with no penalty to anything.

Another example would be the consumable items (HP/AP heal) that had quantity. While a good concept as they require you to spend bounty on items, quest was so easy that you could simply have 999 of them at all times and take 3-4 of them in each slot and heal instantly, almost ruining the purpose of premium medkits.
Last edited by Secrets; Mar 25, 2013 @ 4:33am
Showing 1-15 of 878 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50