This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
ShadowHawk Nov 7, 2013 @ 5:48pm
Here's a good post on what's wrong with Gunz 2 hosting
Taken from EU forum, user name ZOOL:

Titled "Lag is not fixed"

"Not surprising considering what there so called "fix" is. Did anyone really expect giving us the ability to select a flag would make lag magicly vanish?

Tonight i played a few ranked matches. Some where ok, i guess the host had a halfway decent connection or lived near my. Some where even good, because i was the host and other people had around 60-70 ping (some still had 200. guess they live far away from me). But some where still horrible (and a good amount that was). Here is a little example of what to still expect from ranked in terms of lag:
[IMG]
No need to mention those lag matches are not fun at all.
So, some might say: "But you still had a good amount of playable matches" and this is right.
BUT it is 2013 now. I expect a game were EVERY match is playable. And there are tons of games out there which provide me with a rock solid, non laggy experience.
And the magic word here is dedicated servers. I stated it before and i will again:
Europe is a really big terretory. The game and its player hosting system was made for south korea, a small country with a superb internet infrastructure(maybe the best in the world).

The bottom line: This game will NEVER be lag free without dedicated servers. As long as they keep the player hosting we will have laggy matches on a regular basis. Everyone who tries to tell you something different is a liar. Same goes for someone who says dedicated servers wont work with the game. Just add an invisible player that is chosen host and actually is the dedic.
Let's hope p7s1 starts to think like professional publisher about this problem because i haven't seen any professional behaviour from them during all 3 CB phases."

Last edited by ShadowHawk; Nov 7, 2013 @ 5:49pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
ShadowHawk Nov 7, 2013 @ 5:51pm 
and then I responded:
"Zool do you think it might be a financial thing? Are they trying to avoid that route to save money? I don't know the cost of such a thing you mentioned verse what is being used now. Thanks for your insights though.: ) "

JinNJuice Nov 7, 2013 @ 9:24pm 
Well, yes. Dedicated servers can help immensely. It might be rather expensive to maintain financially, but a company that is a branch of Sony should be able to manage that, at least.
5onic Nov 8, 2013 @ 9:25am 
dedicated servers will always help but its costly.
Ricky Blaze Nov 9, 2013 @ 6:49pm 
Start cheap bare minimum requirements and upgrade if needed is usually company tactics'
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50