This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Teutonic Feb 12, 2014 @ 5:33pm
Skepticism
Do you really think they will release on the posted date?
It seems hopeful. If that date was given to Maiet by Steam, I would probably guess they would release it ASAP considering the number of times the release date, or expected release date, has been pushed backward.
But it seems like anything could happen.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Cotillion Feb 12, 2014 @ 9:23pm 
If anything, what you should be skeptic of is the state of game at release and state of game 2 or 3 months down the line. For release dates, it will be up on that date, but as per normal, we should possible expect a few issues for the first day or two in regards to server and traffic. This is for any game release, first day or two for any game is usually the most awkward, and easily fixed

The game is set up as both early access and beta. Both are very questionable points for any steam game. For instance, gunz was a fun game with interesting mechanics, but if you look at it from an unbiased standpoint, it also had very minimal updates in both fixes as well as content.

Maiet's other games also fell short of expectations 1 or 2 years down the line. They have a history of creating a game with interesting concepts, but not completely following through with the game in future releases.

I like Maiet, but it is a trend that they have. Gunz2 has interesting concepts and mechanics, but it is all up in the air on how far it will actually go.
Last edited by Cotillion; Feb 12, 2014 @ 9:24pm
SgtLlama Feb 12, 2014 @ 11:48pm 
nope, was supposed to be in review like 3+ weeks ago. Guessing late february/early march.
XxTreeHugger360Xx Feb 13, 2014 @ 4:54am 
I think it will be released. They announced a specific time which means they have everything done.
Feb 14, 2014 @ 12:11pm 
It's coming monday don't worry.
Achiel Feb 14, 2014 @ 12:21pm 
Remember it's 17 at 5 PM PST. I bet people will be freaking out if it's not released directly at midnight.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50