This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Ryooku Apr 27, 2013 @ 4:42pm
Createable character?
Now, I'm sure others have suggested it, but I thought it might be good to get it all in one place for other curious peoples about this idea! :D
I, for one, think it would be a good idea. The only forseeable problem I can imagine would be that character in the main story line. Maybe have it be as a Post-game bonus? Or maybe even have a Multiplayer PVP system where people could duke it out with their cutom character?
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Ry0408 Apr 27, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
I like this idea, however... Them hackers always giving them Inf HP and other types of stuff. So it really wouldn't be a good idea to implement. But still sounds like a cool idea. Not worth putting in, but cool.
Kingofsaints46 Apr 28, 2013 @ 12:07am 
you guys obviously havent played the other games
Ryooku Apr 28, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
Originally posted by brandoncarlson12:
you guys obviously havent played the other games
Yes, clearly I haven't played the other games. I clearly never played through all of the EBF series, watched the couple of flash animations he's made, and am whole-heartedly wanting this game to go big so that this guy gets the recognition he deserves. Clearly I can't have done any of that because I made a suggestion, right?
dro1234567b Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:05pm 
Good idea. But could create problems, maybe just for the multiplayer if any in the future EBF games.
-W3E- Pigman3455 May 1, 2013 @ 3:07pm 
If it is for multiplayer, then yes...but them hackers always giving them inf HP is gonna be a problem...the EBF games are one of the most hilarious but fun games I have ever played:custom character? might end up replacing someone (No, not you NoLegs...now go get back in that kitten fort.) but as long as they keep everyone including Anna in the party fine with me.
jakeglutch May 4, 2013 @ 7:18am 
Alternate suggestion, along the same lines. (Only because I know Matt/Kupo707 actually reads these forums) If he were going to go this route, and I will tell you all that it is beyond unlikely that it will happen in this installment of the game.. A customization character would work best in this format. Your standard version of the game would play as you already know it. 2-5 characters go on an epic goofy quest in the name of nobody is quite sure. BUT. The game is littered with collectibles, and the amount of achievements/badges/etc is upped very much so. Have all of these things tied to certain things. Maybe the unavoidable "Boss Beat" Achievements to character visual customization, The real achievements to equipment sets/weapons, and the collectibles to spells. For this to work well, All of these things would have to be somewhat useful in a PVP environment, just different. After this was done, Matt would have to make a separate world to make the characters in. The "Online" World.
jakeglutch May 4, 2013 @ 7:19am 
Unfortunately, this would take an unreal amount of work for one person, on an indie flash game... So I am not getting my hopes up.
-W3E- Pigman3455 May 5, 2013 @ 7:00am 
Now, I wonder...if this ever becomes a feature, will there be a race kind of thing? (Human, Slime, Cat, etc) and if so, what would happen if there was a race wars kind of thing? If you were a human you would fight alongside other people, Matt, Natz, Lance, and Anna, and if you were a cat you would just rock out with NoLegs in a kitten fort with cannons and sniper rifles.
kkots May 5, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Considering that a character's appearance depends only on his gender, what staff/sword/bow/gun he/she is armed with, what suit he/she is wearing on his/her body and what headgear he/she has put on his/her head, then you already sort of have character customization (by customizing gear). But seeing a discussion like this appear, I'm sure you are not satisfied by the already existing character customization (while I am).

As a special, female characters differ only by the size of their boobs and by faces & hair color, while male characters differ by face and hair cuts. For example, Matt has got plaits and Lance has got long fringe. While drawing of faces is indeed trivial, different hair is impossible to implement due to the fact that HAIR ANIMATION is present for all animations of Matt, Lance, Natz and Anna (and is an inseparable part of them), and ANIMATING HAIRsets will require Matt to go to each character's specific animation and animate the hair there for each single hair set. Which is too much work, so I think Matt will not do this. Also, ...read my first paragraph.
Delay May 6, 2013 @ 5:44pm 
ITs a good idea,a new character,you create and put he in athe game,and a massive PVP battle online,THAT´S SOUNDS VERY GOOD
Phi 42 May 16, 2013 @ 11:06am 
PvP wouldn't work with the current battle system as the damadge dealt is far above the HP of your characters. And it would be a hell of rebalancing that i myself wouldn't want to do to create bosses or anything alike while still having to consider PvP. that ♥♥♥♥s up most MORPGs.
Arale//Zero May 16, 2013 @ 8:59pm 
eh. the personalities of the character's is one of the best parts of EBF so I don't think this would work

maybe one day there will be an EBF MMORPG but probably not
Last edited by Arale//Zero; May 16, 2013 @ 8:59pm
Dess May 24, 2013 @ 11:36pm 
"Epic Battle Fantasy Online"

Well, one can dream.
-W3E- Pigman3455 May 25, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
And one can think of NoLegs shoving a huge lance into a slime, trying to pull it out, and then all of a sudden whip out Anarchy, completely destroy the slime, and then try to kill Matt with it...perhaps there could be two diffrent story modes to complement this? At the beginning, you have a choice: you can either play as Matt (with all the skills from other games of course) with high attack and defense, low evade and MP, etc, and then you have NoLegs who has special cat skills (like a shark igloo, lol.) a sword, lance, magical stick (replacing Natz's staffs) and for no apparent reason a huge bag of cat food.
Friendly Weapons Pie Jun 29, 2013 @ 2:45am 
Heh, if anyone was to play this in a multiplayer, then hell... it would have to be a huge project. Have tiers rather than levles, multiple parties a player can make, ♥♥♥♥ton of customizlable items, tream value limies... way too huge for one man to make.
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50