This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
TsaebehT Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:57pm
Dreamfall Chapters in stereoscopic 3D?
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey looks incredible in 3D, I actually bought the game a 2nd time just to be able to play it in 3D, originally I played it through on Xbox.

It would be really nice if you supported stereoscopic 3D and Chapters would work well in 3D also. I'm not looking for anything game changing or gimmicky just that the game displays properly when 3D is enabled, lights, shadows, reflections, flares, etc.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Dhalgren Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
They address this in the livestream they did (twitch.tv/redthreadgames)
Dhalgren Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:02pm 
Sorry, I linked to the live stream because I don't remember the specifics but someone asked if they would support the Occulus Rift and they said it would be too difficult. I don't know if that eliminates stereoscopic 3D or not.
pipedream Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
they just don't have the budget to dedicate to stereoscopic 3d, unfortunately.
TsaebehT Feb 28, 2013 @ 6:10am 
Regardless of budget or not, Oculus Rift support should be primarily focused on for first person view games ... I don't know it may work well for other types, like third person, but I'm not too sure I'd want to be playing in some floating head over the shoulder view.

That said, the first played perfectly fine in 3D and didn't take any budget what so ever. I'm pretty sure Unity supports stereoscopic output, so it still may not take any budget other than enabling it in the engine, I don't know, but I surely wouldn't dismiss it due to that assumption.

I'd gladly support the Kickstarter for DC:TLJ if I knew they were supporting stereoscopic 3D. I've been wanting to for quite some time now but there's been no mention of it and unfortunately 3D is quite a big deal for me, just like 2(or more) speakers are a big deal to other people.
amogan Feb 28, 2013 @ 9:13am 
From what I gathered at the live steam they said the Oculus Rift wouldn't make much sense in a development time, gaming experience trade-off, it being a third-person game and all. They didn't rule out stereoscopic 3D though and I wouldn't be surprised if it was supported out-of-the-box with Unity or at least trivial to implement. Remember that I'm very much out on a limb here but I'd wager a guess that it's likely Dreamfall Chapters will be playable in stereoscopic 3D.
Newt182 Mar 1, 2013 @ 8:56am 
How does the Oculus Rift work? Stereo 3D is done at a driver level meaning all games, future and past will render in 3D, just if they haven't been coded in certain ways they wont look good or will look really bad.
Elenoe May 1, 2013 @ 11:22am 
OR would be "similar" and there should be some driver for "not supported games". However.. OR has motion sensor which needs to be handled by engine, not just graphics (and it's a little more then up/down/left/right in any game). It is built for high FOV images, it won't work that well with game with static FOV of 60 (looking at you, EA cr....). And you need dynamic HUD system for full support.

Support will be done on engine level. So all Unreal or Source games get this.
TsaebehT May 1, 2013 @ 7:16pm 
Originally posted by Elenoe:
Support will be done on engine level. So all Unreal or Source games get this.

I hate to say it but I've heard that before about 3D Vision, the Unreal Engine fully supports 3D Vision, yet a game like Bioshock: Infinite isn't playable at all with it because the devs didn't care to design the game with it in mind. For that matter the majority of UE games had to be fixed by the 3D community, HeliX Mod. The reason Infinite couldn't be is becasue the HeliX Mod only works on DX9 games.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50