Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Elemental World Part 1:Rise Of The Guardians
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 11, 2013 @ 5:46am
What sort of skills would people like first
What sort of skills would people like to do in game first eg cooking,farming etc
We are asking so we know what to aim for first when developing the skills system and models
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Yoyomaster12343 May 11, 2013 @ 5:14pm 
adventure games and action games
hmmmm i think you should put all basic skills in e.g. farming,one handed weapons, shield ect.... if you're looking to be fun try using some concepts like summoning or thieving, just a thought though.
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 13, 2013 @ 3:54pm 
Ok thanks
takanabakanana May 18, 2013 @ 9:19am 
There looks like a lot of water on the map. Surfing would be cool.
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 20, 2013 @ 7:50pm 
hmm interesting that could be one since it could be a "boat" and work with the weather/enviroment system we want
if you add farming make sure plants disappear don't do the oblivion thing...
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 21, 2013 @ 11:38am 
is the oblivion thing leave the stalks etc? and with farming it will be semi realistic so keeping cows can produce manure which could increase crops,only regrowable plants will stay if player wishes (eg berry bushes) etc
what i mean was will plants disapear when picked, because in oblivion they didn't they just sort of went on you can pick every 20 mins or something.
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 21, 2013 @ 3:15pm 
It will probably be a mix where some the plants (flowers fruit trees etc)can pollinate and make a new crop but may take a long time to grow at the start and each cycle may make weird problems/make worse fruit eg starts as C berry's next lot are D's and fewer etc with the option to dig them up. But all plants/trees will have a max life cycle and the weather/seasons when introduced may shorten or lengthen them.
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 21, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
I was also planning on since the players home will have free control on how they build (so can be a farm,factory,mines etc) it will also give effects such as pollution may harm crops/make land less fertile etc and give players ether one identical area or let them choose to have a mountain range,island etc with 8 ways to expand (so end up with a large 3x3 terrain plot)
hmmmm farming seems to be quite compley at least alot more that other games, if you are implementing multiplayer will there be any difference in farming?
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 21, 2013 @ 4:27pm 
compley? and other then being able to grow potted plants/saplings (so others can decorate homes etc) animal breeding etc there may be a coop mode later where can share homes with permissions so you can farm with friends,defend crops from monsters or other events etc but for this to be implemented we would need full time coders
There also may be some competitions such as grow the best harvest (the winner would be based on points so D wheat would be 10 while an A wheat is 80 etc)
Last edited by wiseowlstudios; May 21, 2013 @ 4:29pm
Ummmmm, sounds very in depth, but back to skills will there be magic and if so will it be based on finding spells within the world or skill tree based, also will we be able to combine spells so i can freeze someone, melt the ice and then electrocute someone for extra damage?
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 21, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
The magic/combat skills will be find them round the world/train and the talent trees you saw will be for skills such as permenant 10% boost to hp,take less fall damage etc
Also there will be a combo system if i can get the coders so when fighting a earth creature you can use its weakness fire or create a combo where you throw oil then use fire for bonus fire damage etc
The combo also will work for hand to hand/range where could throw sand/dirt jump back then shoot a ton of arrows (skill like arrow storm etc) into them

The point of this game is play how you want so i want as few limiters as i can such as skill trees and needing to be a class for x, you will however get penaltys for using what your not trained in such as if you never used a sword you may have less accuracy and hurt yourself etc but it wont be super hard to get training in the basics.

Also like i said before spells will be able to evolve with you so if you use only fireball it will level and you may increse its range,damage less mana used etc so when you make the big combo spells you dont need to be some huge mana horder etc.
Last edited by wiseowlstudios; May 21, 2013 @ 4:49pm
wiseowlstudios  [developer] May 21, 2013 @ 4:53pm 
For most of the skills we will need some well trained coders and a graphics person to remake the UI create sprites and the particle effects so some larger skills might be a little off for now but there is plans for many skills such as treasure hunting,fishing,farming etc as well as a fluid combat system so you can do combos easy (most spells will fire then recharge rather then stand still charge then shoot) also playing in differant views may help such as first person may be better for aiming with weapons while 3rd person is better for area attacks and visibility
Last edited by wiseowlstudios; May 21, 2013 @ 4:55pm
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50