Тази игра получи зелена светлина от общността.

Общността показа интереса си към играта. Valve са се свързали с този разработчик, за да се придвижи излизането ѝ в Steam.

iRacing.com
Nammi-namm 28 март 2013 в 3:18след.
Linux Support?
Any plans for a port to Gnu/Linux systems?
Показване на 1-11 от 11 коментара
< >
Koykis 2 април 2013 в 1:17след. 
I've read articles about it running on top of Wine. Basic hardware like the most popular wheels (G27, T500RS and most Fanatecs, if not all, as far as I know) work with Linux too. This is not really a good reason for the game to be easily "translated" to GNU/Linux systems but since there are users who are already trying to run it, they may at least give it a try.
FrankTank 19 май 2013 в 11:15след. 
The iRacing team is doing some work currently on getting the system up and running on both OS X and the most popular Linux systems.

There aren't currently any Linux builds being community tested - but they are coming.
Alek 14 август 2013 в 8:53след. 
The mac build is available to all members now, it's what brought me back to iracing. I'm not sure if there are enough users for for them to have a dedicated linux version though.
clemyeats 21 август 2013 в 2:45след. 
That would be brilliant! I'd love to get back into iRacing. I tried many things and couldn't make it work. Eventually I grew tired of rebooting my system every time I wanted to drive..
DadDog 17 септември 2013 в 3:00сут. 
Linux versions available to the public, as of 9/10/2013
clemyeats 18 септември 2013 в 3:42сут. 
That's great news. Whether it's native or using wine doesn't matter all that much in the end as long as it works well and supports people's wheels. If I hear people say it works, I'll renew my subscription and help testing the Alpha.

I'm delighted to see this happen. I've missed my racing :)
Ramma 30 септември 2013 в 4:23след. 
Първоначално публикувано от DadDog:
Linux versions available to the public, as of 9/10/2013

The Linux version just runs on top of Wine right now. Still, that fact ignored it runs pretty much flawlessly. On my GTX770 I run at about 130 FPS most of the time. My driving force GT also works fine, but needs recalibrated each game start if I unplug it.
_jay 29 октомври 2013 в 8:35след. 
This is the official post from the iRacing forums.

Since we've officially released our OSX (MAC) version of iRacing we've decided to make our Linux versions available to the public.

Current members and/or new members may download the appropriate build for their version of Linux. There is a Linux specific forum located in the Technical & Help Section of the forum. http://members.iracing.com/jforum/forums/show/6912.page

Members that choose to run the Linux version may post any feedback, solutions, and/or suggestions there for the community. The Linux version of iRacing is not officially supported via iRacing Support at this time and made available as is, in other words we are considering and alpha or test version.

An active membership is required.

Please see below for the versions of linux we have builds for.

Thanks.

RPM and DEB Linux packages should be installed through the user's
package manager. Dependencies should be resolved automatically, but
older operating systems may run into trouble.

The BIN installer should be run in the terminal, either as a user, or
as root for a system-wide installation. Dependencies may have to be
resolved manually. 64-bit Linux installations will require 32-bit
dependencies.
Sometimes cxdiag can help resolve missing dependencies:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/diag

All Linux installations will require 3D-capable graphics drivers
(nvidia proprietary, ATI proprietary, intel-dri). These should be
provided by the distribution.

Ubuntu/Debian 64-bit

Ubuntu/Debian 32-bit

Fedora/RedHat

Other Linux
Последно редактиран от _jay; 29 октомври 2013 в 8:35след.
[SS] Linux Carioca 11 декември 2013 в 6:15след. 
Version linux is important

SteamOS is coming
PmasterBR 13 май в 8:13сут. 
+1 Linux/SteamOS port, think in the future, thanks.
Ramma 14 май в 3:13след. 
They have a Linux build up for download, but it just runs the game using wine. The first release of it worked great, but there's been about 6+ months of updates to the main client since then. Many of which have broken a lot of essential features on Linux.

For example, force feedback is broken, and sound works about one in every five starts of the game. Latest issue I've had is the game seg faulting upon hitting the big green button to start a race/practice.

At this point, I'd recommend you take a loot at Project Cars [www.wmdportal.com]. It's coming out in November, and supports Linux/SteamOS.
Показване на 1-11 от 11 коментара
< >
На страница: 15 30 50