Wrath of Nature: The Path of the Druid
undeadbydawn Apr 18, 2013 @ 9:34pm
slow scripts
Hi there Sir.
I'm afraid there's not much point in me posting full system specs - I play Skyrim via Wineskin on a 2008 Mac Pro. I'm generally surprised it works at all. I think Wineskin assumes I have a GTS8800, 2G RAM and a 3Ghz processor.

This is why in an earlier comment I stated it was likely my install that was causing problems, not your mod. As it stands, I've stripped every other mod I felt I could play without. Since the Frost effect is now gone [I can't cast Fire yet, though the mod insists I have completed the requisite quest] I am tempted to uninstall again. I will keep it for now, in case I can help you in any way.

I think creating a simpler version is a great idea, but please don't give up on the current version. The work you've done is beautiful and genuinely impressive. This would easily be my favourite mod right now if I could get it to run properly.

For reference, I started building LakeView Manor around 30 playing hours ago. The script is just catching up now.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Bluarchon  [developer] May 17, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
Thank you for your eagerness to help mate. I really appreciate it. I am trying to figure out the cause of all of this but it is difficult as each person has a different setup and one solution tends to only work for some. It is also difficult to provide "versions" in Steam as you may know it only allows one single version. I am considering just updating the mod in Nexus as all the versions could be easily maintained there for people to consume. If you're willing to try it out maybe you can test the older versions of the mod and see if those work without any problems.
undeadbydawn May 18, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Using the Nexus is generally a good idea, as the community is vastly more helpful. It's also trivial to maintain versions, as you say.
I ended up starting a new game as the install in which I used your mod got bugged to Hell and back, with most scripts simply refusing to start.
I'd be happy to test a lighter version if you have one.
I recently had to strip out Moonlight Tales for similar reasons.
undeadbydawn May 18, 2013 @ 10:25am 
Ayeeee, just realised you're already on the Nexus.
I've installed the mod again, will let you know how it works out this time.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50