gm_revmoon2
Rev_deaddiet  [developer] Jun 4, 2013 @ 7:10am
gm_revmoon3
If you want a gm_revmoon3 , so be it. on this page , we'll discuss about things and ideas for the new map.

Environment version:
gm_revmoon2 uses a moon themed environment composed by me. It does not really support low video settings in this map , so if you play on low settings the map might look all fully pixelated.

gm_revmoon3 environment version:
As for gm_revmoon3's version... I can use a version similair to gm_revmoon1.
Changes in the new version's textures: Black cliff texture will be changed into grey , updated the original textures a bit.
A preview of this version is available at:
http://www.l4dmaps.com/img/ss/moon-research-lab-2023_63771.jpg

• If you think gm_revmoon3 should have different textures , feel free to explain your ideas.

• Map features: gm_revmoon used alot of craters and no 3Dskybox. gm_revmoon2 used 1 crater with a racetrack around and uses a 3D skybox.
Current gm_revmoon3 idea's: Multiple medium sized craters (around 1/5th of gm_revmoon2's crater) with small craters spread out. uses 3D skybox. Please note that i wont add any buildings or some sort , just pure moon surface madness.

• If you think this map idea and moon texture version is okay and you want the map to be made , comment "yes" or "positively" or something which sounds like you approve the map idea , "SPAAACE!" is also accepted. Feel free to add your ideas!
Last edited by Rev_deaddiet; Jun 4, 2013 @ 7:21am
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
R[ain] Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:08pm 
Hmm.. I think it should have a portal 2 easter egg ;)
Rev_deaddiet  [developer] Jun 27, 2013 @ 3:57am 
Heh , sure i'll see if I'll be able to do that
Xenophobia Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:04pm 
Maybe it should be somewhat like the Fra Mauro Highlands on our real life moon?
Rev_deaddiet  [developer] Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:09pm 
That looks good... So basically , mountains with some craters?
R[ain] Jul 3, 2013 @ 1:41pm 
Originally posted by Rev_deaddiet:
That looks good... So basically , mountains with some craters?

yepity yeps :3
Fiskap Jul 4, 2013 @ 3:06am 
I think that gm_revmoon3 should be way bigger than the others.
Rev_deaddiet  [developer] Jul 4, 2013 @ 3:51am 
It can't be bigger than gm_revmoon1 since that map used around 98% of the limit...
[SG]Gentleman Sgt. Dragonborne Aug 31, 2013 @ 7:39pm 
Hey make it so that, well. make the map as big as you can add mountains with craters a few moon bases and what ever else you want. (and i want gm_revmoon3 to be made)
King Tsunami™ Jan 16 @ 12:59pm 
Y-you can a-add uummmm a laboratory, a base, and ummmmmmmm Neil Armstrong's landing.
Rev_deaddiet  [developer] Jan 16 @ 1:08pm 
I'm not doing anything for gmod soon, but if I do my next map will be gm_revmoon3 ofcourse, it will involve moon base themed in the gm_ gamemode (just big rooms and stuff)
It's just our PC's don't like to compile big maps, it also takes a while and it requests ALOT of your pc's memory
CubicApocalypse Feb 2 @ 1:42am 
The rocks are too rounded. They should be jagged and rough, like this.[files.abovetopsecret.com]
Rev_deaddiet  [developer] Feb 2 @ 3:22am 
Originally posted by CubicApocalypse:
The rocks are too rounded. They should be jagged and rough, like this.[files.abovetopsecret.com]
can't create models, just did some quick models in propper (map editor that changes an object in a prop)
I did a different way in my newer moon maps on another source game , I took existing rock props and I re-skinned it bright black & white.
AcapitalA Mar 16 @ 8:32am 
Maybe only Garry's mod models.

It is annoying to look at black-purple square textures...
FATTYCJ Apr 4 @ 8:31am 
Moonbase !!!
carzfan21 Apr 5 @ 6:13pm 
No Poral Stuff And Add A Nasa Altair Landing Site
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50