This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Delver's Drop
Sdric Jul 19, 2013 @ 1:22pm
So:1 Basic Attack; 1 Charge Attack; 1Spell
While I do like the concept of keeping it simple this seems to be a little bit too simple.
Sure there will be different classes - but once you're in a run I can see this getting repetitive soon.

Don't get me wrong I like your footage so far.
I just wonder if you really can consider 3 moves a whole class...
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Coby  [developer] Jul 23, 2013 @ 9:44pm 
Actually, there is no "spell" per class :) The general break down of actions is as follows:
1: Regular Attack
2: Charge Attack (strafing, defending, and charging are all tied together somewhat)
3: Special Ability (these are based on perk trees that vary by class.)
4: Use item / throw item

So yes, that is a fairly small set of action, however there is quite a lot of variety within special abilities and especially within items. As another note, each class has a primary weapon but any class can use any weapon - they are simply limited uses in that case. i.e. A rogue is uneducated about using wands and thus they break after certain number of uses.

In terms of class differentiation, you have:
1: Basic stats (health, shields, etc.)
2: Physics stats (acceleration, max speed, grip, elasticity) - these contribute to each class "feeling"/controlling quite differently.
3: Perk trees (passive abilities as well action abilities)
4: Primary weapon

Unfortunately, a lot of the things above have been developed over the last couple of months and we don't have any good, new footage ready to show. The good news is, that once we wrap up the randomization system we are going to post a new trailer which should show at least half of the above in action. That should occur this week, hopefully.

In any case, you are correct that there isn't the extreme amount of depth that some RPGs provide, but I think we are close to finding a good balance between traditional RPG depth and the more action and adventure feel we want.

If you have any other questions, let us know!
Sdric Jul 24, 2013 @ 4:39am 
Thanks for this detailed response!

By the way it's great how transparent you are developing this game (regarding your stream).
I wished more developers would be so reveiling instead of being afraid that the customers might see something they don't like.
That sure gets you your customers' and your fans' trust :)

So two last questions:

-Is there a way to quick-swap your weapons?

-Are you planning to give your classes several primary weapons? (Maybe overlapping, so that you can switch your class upon respawn but still draw profit of the old gear when you pick it up)

(Like:
-A Sorcerer can take advantage of a staff and a sceptar.
-An Elementalist can use staff as a primary weapon but also uses a whip (ok, that whip would be a little FFTA-like; fire-whip all the way!).
- The beastmaster can use a whipe and.... (you know what I mean ;) )
)
Can use = can use to full advantage /as primary weapon.
Last edited by Sdric; Jul 24, 2013 @ 4:43am
Coby  [developer] Jul 24, 2013 @ 8:59am 
No problem - always happy to answer questions. We try to be pretty transparent so glad you appreciate that. We talk about lots of ongoing things in our livestreams and on our forums, so if you ever have time, so you should drop in and see what ya find!

Quick-swap weapons: Yes - any primary weapons you pick up go into your 5 slot inventory like any other item or off-weapon. When a primary weapon is in the selected slot, the "use item" action will swap your primary weapons.

Currently not planning on having multiple primary weapons. We will have some items that are not primaries for any class and we have tossed around the idea that on class per class basis being bad/capable/good at using any other weapon. That would lead to a similar effect as having multiple primary weapons, but I'm not sure if we are going to go down that road. Might be worth prototyping though.
Sdric Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:03am 
Thanks again!

I can't wait for your final release to be ready.

I know it's only a single opinion but I'ld say - give it a shot!
Prototyping can't hurt.
Always keep in mind - 1 single more skill or item (or option) grants the player a huge amount of more possible ways to play!
The magic formula (x=skill or item): That's x(x-1)/2 way to play!

That's it :D
Have a nice day - and good luck with your game.
I'll stay tuned!
Coby  [developer] Jul 24, 2013 @ 10:32am 
Thanks for the kind words! I think we shall discuss giving the multi-weapon system a chance to be prototyped again. It would add a good deal of depth as you suggest. Let us know if you have any other questions!
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50