This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Delver's Drop
GamerGuy09 Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:23am
What's your idea for a class?
There are 3 different confirmed classes in the game as of now. The rogue, the gladiator, and the sorcerer. What are your ideas for classes?
Last edited by GamerGuy09; Mar 9, 2013 @ 1:29am
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Flumpor Mar 9, 2013 @ 2:36am 
I would love to see a class with different forms, 1 is fast but weak, 1 is well rounded, 1 is good at range and his standard form can cast a bit of magic, so basically a Shapeshifting Druid.
But you shouldn´t make him superior in anything if possible
Wixxus Mar 11, 2013 @ 7:17am 
This is a bit hidden - intentionally. It's under the Extended Play part on their Kickstarter page.

Huntsman — Longbow
Templar — Spear
DeathDealer — Katana
Bard — Instruments
Shaman — Whip
Cleric — Flail
Murkromancer — ???
0gie Mar 12, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
Originally posted by Wixxus:
This is a bit hidden - intentionally. It's under the Extended Play part on their Kickstarter page.

Huntsman — Longbow
Templar — Spear
DeathDealer — Katana
Bard — Instruments
Shaman — Whip
Cleric — Flail
Murkromancer — ???

Out of these i see three that would fit for final release
Shaman
Huntsman
DeathDealer
The Shaman i like because it seems like it would be a weaker elemental based sorcer but with a supplemantary focus phyisical combat. Also a whip in game is rarely seen and used properly so would be fun different thing to try.

Huntsman fits your basic ranger archetype and ranged bow seems like an interesting addition as far as wanting to see a ranged weapon play out in game. I am intrigued by this class and shaman because they seem like they would add a cool different play style. As well as allowing the extended reach.

DeathDealer also seems like it would add an alternative playstyle focusing on speed and agility i dont have much to say for this one other than the addition of a Katana sets an imagery of an exotic character design that players would play as for a chang of pace visually.
0gie Mar 12, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
Personally i was going to recomand a magical whip type class so when i saw this post about a shaman with a whip i was like "hell yeah!!!"
flinnan Mar 23, 2013 @ 8:41pm 
one word... Lactomancer
The one who summons milk. This spell more usefull than you think and those who know lactomancy well mostlikely much more than the back of their own hand can flood cities with milk and this is how the great city of oddmen fell that night, But no man should learn that spell again that is why all Lactomancers from that point on where not selling milk at markets but where sent to the drop.
Last edited by flinnan; Mar 23, 2013 @ 8:48pm
squidmafia Mar 25, 2013 @ 6:03pm 
I'd be down for a Bard anyday!
Shadowcrazy Mar 28, 2013 @ 2:14pm 
Monk, Dragoon, Samurai, Summoner, Bard, and probably Hunter
冬丸 Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
Hemomancer which uses blood as a weapon, cut his health to do damage, upon killing enemies AOE damage is dealt around the corpse and a percentage of the total damage is healed back on the caster possibly over a duration and interrupted by taking damage. The animation could be like blood flying through the air during the attack and then creeping across the floor back towards the caster for the heal. Looted items could effect damage and possibly modify how the attacks work rather than just being like a new staff or something.
Observer Mar 30, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
I'll post all the classes mentioned by Pixelscopic
Just please don't pin me down on these as I might have forgotten some ;D

Originally ther were 5 classes planned, but since the project reached some stretchgoals and had a very generous backer the number is up to 7. There's an additional class that gets released later on the way.

So you get 8 classes in total

In game already:
Rogue--Short Sword
Mage--Wand
Gladiator--Hammer

Likely to be in-game (generous backers choice)
Gadgeteer--Gun

Votebale by backers (3 are possible)

Bard--Instruments (Soundwaves)
Templar--Spear
Shaman--Whip (the class can control creatures)
Huntsman--Longbow
Druid--Staff(cannot confirm staff as weapon) (more focused on elemental powers I think)
Deathdealer/Ninja--Katana
Cleric--Flail

Unfinished/Abandoned Concepts

Magus/Battlemage--???
Executioner--Axe
Knight--Claymore
Murkomancer--???
Jester--???
Royal--???
Monk--something with bare fists
Trooper--Explosives
Chunky Stank-nozzle Apr 4, 2013 @ 6:40am 
Not sure what sort of info should be presented here, and I guess this isn't by request of the developer? But here are som ideas and a bit about their gameplay use.

///Large melee weapon classes:
-Dreadnaught: Slow-medium move speed; large weapon with sweaping arcs - hitting in wide and far in front of him; slow attack speed; high damage.

-Impaler: Meidum-fast move speed; long weapon hitting far but narrowly in front him; medium attack speed; medium damage.

-Slasher: Medium move speed; long weapon hitting wide in front her; medium attack speed; medium-high damage

///Agile classes:
-Hidden Blade: Fast to slow move speed - very high acceleration for about a square after that move speed is slow for about a second (she can dodge or dash at enemies, over all speed is slow-medium), short weapon; medium attack speed; high damage.

-Twin Talon: Medium speed; two throwing knives, thrown one at a time which after return after hitting an enemy or reaching max distance to the place they were thrown from, must then be picked up from the ground to attack again; medium attack speed; medium damage.

-Stalker: Fast move speed; sickle-like blades hit rapidly - hitting an enemy twice will stun it very briefly,hitting it three times will cause an extra burst of damage; short range; fast attack speed; low damage.

dryddner Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:15am 
I would love to see the bard and the templar myself, not sure about the third one, maybe another magetype, like the druid, or cleric
Spikatine Apr 6, 2013 @ 10:42pm 
Some sort of class with a boomerang. It would bounce from wall to wall returning to the player after so far.
0gie Apr 7, 2013 @ 11:07am 
im still in favor of the shaman mainly becaus of the whip seems like such fun!
Delta Pangaea Apr 9, 2013 @ 2:03am 
I think a Druid could be a lot of fun, swapping between their human form and beast form, both with their own strengths.

And maybe... Titan? Really big guy, slow, smacks stuff around. Could be really good with the whole 'physics' thing you guys got going on.
Pixel bot May 18, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
mabye an assassin who can teleport to different points of the room, he can use a dagger or shiv,and could disapear when he's not in the light
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50