Bu oyun Steam'de yayınlandı!

Bu oyunun Steam'de yayınlanmasına yardım ettiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz. Oyunun mağaza sayfasına bir bağlantıyla birlikte daha fazla bilgiye aşağıdan ulaşabilirsiniz.

Hammerwatch
Graloth 23 Nis 2013 @ 2:27pm
Beta Impressions
Before I explain my impressions, let me state that I am well aware that it's a beta so there are supposed to be bugs, my negativity towards them are mainly because of the annoyances they cause which reduced the overall pleasure of the game.

Singleplayer:
Overall a great game here, but I miss the ability to set modifiers and similar, as you are allowed to do in multiplayer. I haven't experienced any bugs here, but I also haven't spent most time playing singleplayer.

Multiplayer:
In short I would not recommend anyone play multiplayer in it's current state, but let me explain in more detail why.
The gameplay in multiplayer is just as good as in singleplayer, but does just 1 player in the party have latency issues, everyone suffers from invisible mobs, gates not opening but consuming keys and worse, this is not just if the host is having latency issues.
Getting a multiplayer game running is a completely different beast to tame, and I'm not talking about portforwarding port 9995 as all players should know about that stuff these days, the multiplayer connectivity has large bugs, if you start the game and not host a game when you run it (or the game ends faster than expected) you have to wait quite a while before you can host again, it's not the game directly that prevents you from creating another game, but that noone can connect to you for quite a while, and any time to launch the game to check, resets the "timer" so to say. This has been the biggest bug in my book, as it works perfectly fine if you are on a local network and use local network names, but the very moment you go via IP or Hostname, you start getting the bugs.

Final Thoughts:
Overall the game has great potential, but the multiplayer bugs prevents me and my friends from playing together properly, so I wouldn't recommend anyone trying multiplayer unless it's over LAN, as you will leave frustrated. Singleplayer though is awesome and shows just how much potential the game has.

Will I buy this when it comes out?
Definately, though I really hope they fix the multiplayer issues before release as well having everyones game in multiplayer bug out if 1 person lags
En son Graloth tarafından düzenlendi; 23 Nis 2013 @ 2:33pm
6 yorumdan 1 ile 6 arası gösteriliyor
< >
Ozymandias J. Llewellyn 27 Nis 2013 @ 9:31am 
You can start a multiplayer game with no one else to get the multiplayer modifiers if you so choose.

But mostly, the multiplayer bugs are present and the way the game is structured with no drop-in/out gameplay it's game ending if you get one single multiplayer bug.
For example, me and my two friends were playing just fine. We got to the boss, and all of a sudden I could no longer see my friends moving anymore. They were still shooting and we could travel between floors... they just never moved. Furthermore, they could see me moving as well. We were about to fight the boss and we just couldn't because I couldn't see what they were doing and it ruined the game.
So we started playing again. This time about halfway through, my friend loses connection to the server for about 1 second as his internet has a slight hiccup. He is dropped from the server and has no way to return, and so we have to start over. This could be rectified with a simple implementation of remembering where the character was just before they disconnected and then remembering their IP address and if that IP tries to reconnect you can put them right back where they were.

About classes: The Paladin is basically worthless. Unlike the other classes, his playing basically REQUIRES that he take damage. There is no safe way to approach monsters that shoot bullets other than waiting for a ranger to take them out or hugging a corner. It would be easily fixed if other players maintained aggro, rather than it being the closest player. This is the main flaw with the paladin: He cannot get close without pulling aggro, and he always gets hit because of it. Redesign your aggro system (I would recommend a "last person I saw until I get hit" kind of system) and this character might have some value.
Myran  [geliştirici] 27 Nis 2013 @ 6:16pm 
I have been talking with Graloth over email and hopefully our networking will be much more stable in our next release. There are also a few things that will help in the case of the networking actually breaking like you describe Ozymandias, we will support people dropping in to games after they have left them so that you can rejoin a game you were playing. There will of course also be saving and loading of games so that in a worst case scenario you can reload to the last checkpoint or level change.

A change to the aggro mechanic might help in the situation you describe, but it could also not be enough of a change since it wouldn't help any in singleplayer. When the paladin gets to the first defensive shop he can buy a shield upgrade which lets him block incoming projectiles, but maybe he needs to have that upgrade from the beginning?
Graloth 28 Nis 2013 @ 6:45am 
Myran tarafından gönderilen ileti:
A change to the aggro mechanic might help in the situation you describe, but it could also not be enough of a change since it wouldn't help any in singleplayer. When the paladin gets to the first defensive shop he can buy a shield upgrade which lets him block incoming projectiles, but maybe he needs to have that upgrade from the beginning?

Maybe not from the very beginning, as it's not right then and there that you encounter ranged enemies, but at some point early on before the first ranged, or maybe after a few of them to lead newer players into knowing "this class is weak at ranged, so I should upgrade his shield". I would then of course recommend having it be rather cheap as it's a mechanic nessecary to his survival, especially in singleplayer.
Ozymandias J. Llewellyn 28 Nis 2013 @ 12:21pm 
I have been talking with Graloth over email and hopefully our networking will be much more stable in our next release.
That's good news! If the networking improves like you said I would have absolutely no regrets in buying copies for me and my friends. Currently it's the biggest issue in the game so far.

I guess that's true about singleplayer, I hadn't really thought of that as I would never even try to play Paladin in singleplayer; I guess that's just about how bad that class is compared to the others. One thing that's also not well understood from the start is the stats each character has. Maybe in the singleplayer menu that allows you to select your classes, a visual representation of their class (picture) and stats would be helpful. Quick mockup: http://imgur.com/3EqgYp7

An issue I just found today that only me and none of my friends had: If I go into any of the sub menus in the options menu and try to press "Back" in any of them my game immediately closes without any errors or error logs being outputted.
Ozymandias J. Llewellyn 28 Nis 2013 @ 6:29pm 
After being the game today with Paladin in Singleplayer, I'm beginning to think that it's not the paladin that is too weak, its that the other classes might be too strong: I lost so much health just fighting against regular monsters and stuff, when I played as ranger I didn't even get hurt once until like halfway through the first act.
I finished with 3 lives left (not sure if I got all the secret lives, probably not because I'm terrible at finding secrets: http://imgur.com/eVpP0n8,8pR5sEY,iOCyufy )
The "deflect projectiles" thing is near worthless, it never protected me against the projectiles that mattered really. Mostly all it did was maybe prevent 1 or 2 damage when fighting big hordes of grubs while I still took around 10-15 or so. The 10% chance to stun is also worthless at act 1 (not sure about how you might be able to upgrade it) because usually if the thing I'm hitting can be stunned it's probably already dead.

Viewing this from a teamwork perspective though, it would be obviously easier to just get the ranger class to take out any of the grubs, which makes the paladin worthless against them because there's no reason for him to fight them, it just loses resources for the whole team.
En son Ozymandias J. Llewellyn tarafından düzenlendi; 28 Nis 2013 @ 6:36pm
hipshot  [geliştirici] 29 Nis 2013 @ 3:45am 
I would say, a team of all ranged heroes, that would probably be the ultimate, but might be a bit slower time wise. I never really liked the notion that you are "forced" to take certain damage with the paladin either, but after a while you become more skilled and learn to avoid a lot of it by circling around and such.
6 yorumdan 1 ile 6 arası gösteriliyor
< >
Sayfa başına: 15 30 50