This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Fortress Forever
FPSMoto Apr 4 @ 3:31am
If you could imagine a perfect fortress game, describe what that game would look/feel/play like.
I'm usually an idealistic type of person but when I think of what a proper modern fortress game should be like, it's actually not far off from what already exists today. I'd like to see somewhat of an amalgamation of games between the fast paced, movement based gameplay of Fortress Forever, the hardcore/badass character models and gameplay from TFC and Quake TF and a pulse or personality of the classes from TF2.

From bhopping to trimping, Fortress Forever has perfected the art of movement in a fortress game. It in itself is already a combination of movement seen in TFC and Quake TF but unlike TFC, bhopping is a part of the game, not just some glitch or software limitation. It allows players with some practice to travel at blazing speeds. It's an adrenaline rush I think a lot of games are missing. It allows one to become less predictable, get past hard-to-reach obstacles and demoralize enemies trying to keep up with your speed.

However, it's not all about the moves, but graphics matter too. As much as I'd like to take an objective approach to the graphical style used, I still have a soft spot for the TFC models (newer ones). So I'd like to see all those models be completely updated with today's graphical improvements. That and the sort of Half Life-like atmosphere that helped mold TFC into one of the best multiplayer shooters ever created. It'd also be nice to have a separate back story for each character and maybe a map that fits each one's class type, along with individual character voices like in TF2.

There needs to be a legitimate, trusted and respected repository to download any custom files one might like to install and with this new Steampipe thing, I think that's a perfect place for something like that. It seems to be working very well for games like DOTA 2 and CS:GO.
Speaking of customization, anything from character models to rocket trails to different announcer voices should be able to easily be installed in a game. No more having to locate what directory to put each custom file in. The game should have options built in to change these things.

I'm not, however, a big fan of companies who take a game and turn it into ♥♥♥♥ by adding too much variety. Too many choices can be just as bad as too few. The worst game I can think of that does this is Borderlands which has practically limitless types of guns that can be used. While TF2 didn't go nearly as far, they still built a marketplace around new weapons and while at first thought it doesn't seem like too bad an idea, I believe it is much more difficult to balance a game like that. Weapons are always the most controversial thing to talk about in a game and I really don't have a good answer for what guns should be used, though I do think each class should have their own melee weapon like in TF2, with one exception that the medic gets his bloody axe back from Quake TF. That and TF2 should have never made the decision to exclude grenades from each class. That was a really dumb move.

It needs a good matchmaking system, something like in CS:GO perhaps. Something built in that allows for practice, pickups and tournaments alike. But along with that, it also needs to be relatively simple to buy the game and start playing without getting completely owned, such as a random server option that would allow you to play somewhere that sends you to a server based on your hours of gameplay.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. What about you?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
[FaZin' It] EarthCrash Apr 4 @ 1:22pm 
what you said
Mega Monster Cat Apr 4 @ 2:20pm 
Originally posted by FaZin' It EarthCrash:
what you said
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50