Help this software get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this software. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Fragment
FutureGameDev Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:45am
Animated GIFs
Will we see support for this any time soon?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Kiwi Mar 22, 2013 @ 9:04am 
I've downloaded to see the same feature. Didn't find. :c
mnaydenov  [developer] Mar 23, 2013 @ 2:24am 
It depends what you call "soon". It will take few months, here is why:

- 1) I will need to finish 1.4.0 (quite few things there left over) - this will take about a week and I will update the free version of course.

- 2) I need to port 1.4.0 to mac (some complications because of App Store requirements) - I am hoping for a week, two max

- 3) Then I *hope* to rewrite the image rendreing part to a handwritten OpenGL rendering.
I realy realy hope this is doable the way I want it.
The rewrite is needed because performace is either not as it should be, when using current sw rendering OR there is a image size limitation when using the ready-made OpenGL rendering that comes with the framework I use currently. This will probably take a month.

- 4) Then come animated gifs (and others, mainly rotation!), taking advantage of the new optimized rendering!

And when they come, they will come with a vengeance, with full playback control, excellent full screen performance and fuid navigation, probably with frame extraction also. Any further suggestions are wellcome. The time it takes depends on the features, if it just animated gifs with no playback control - probaly a week, with playback control - quite a bit more, because I also need to write new UI.

This is it,
I realy realy hope the lack of animated gifs (for now!) is not a deal breaker for you, I just want to do them right...

Thank You
MihailNaydenov
FutureGameDev Mar 24, 2013 @ 6:04am 
If you do it right, I think I can wait. It sounds like you have a better idea of what you want to do than what IrfanView can do right now. One other suggestion, slightly unrelated. When you use Control+PrintScreen, I'd like to paste (control+v) the screen capture into fragment and save it.
Hazer Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:24pm 
The only thing I miss right now is animated gifs and pngs, then I will sticky with XnView till newer releases. It's just a matter of recent workflow that gifs are more important and you can't help me by now.

I really like your project, it's a project like yours that I've wanted to see in recent days, and not what I saw.

Congratulations! I will wait a bit for adopting, but if it flow the way you said it will, then I will buy it.
mnaydenov  [developer] Apr 15, 2013 @ 11:36pm 
As an update, I am at 3) on the above list, and things are looking great so far.
Hopefully within a month I will release the OpenGL version.
As a slight detour from the list, this version will also include custom background selection.
Leo Cage Aug 4, 2013 @ 5:16pm 
date for final version?
mnaydenov  [developer] Aug 5, 2013 @ 3:00am 
There will be no final version, per se. The application is usable from V1, though (heavily) feature limited. I will continue to gradually add features along the way.
Right now I am few days away from releasing a new version - it will feature the ability to change the background of the viewer (I kind of overdone it, that's why it took so crazy long time :). Next major stop will be Animated Gifs OR Rotate (not sure which is more needed...), with a minor release inbetween to answer few minor user requests. Other major steps include metadata support for instance. That's it in general :)
Kiwi Aug 5, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
gifs gifs gifs
Ubi Dellmar Aug 7, 2013 @ 7:19am 
My vote is for Gifs.
6yTeP Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:54am 
круто все
mnaydenov  [developer] Jan 28 @ 12:01pm 
Well, they are here! (And feature-complete as promised)
Kiwi Jan 28 @ 1:03pm 
w00t, let's try...
ümixz]/420/. Mar 18 @ 8:51am 
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50