This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Fairspace
Quickhand69er Sep 5, 2013 @ 8:11am
Sugestions
Been playing this game for about 12 hours now and here are some things I would like to see.

Trade
1..........When useing a trade ship to trade from one place to another you can only gain money. It would be nice to gain some experiance and or faction with the owner of the planet you are selling on. Experiance could be based on the amount of items sold. Example, Each commodity you sell could give you .005% experiance. So selling 6,000 comodities would give you 12 experiance. Or you could go with a more complexe calculation thats based on your profit margen. Sence each ship has there own faction there should be a way for a trader ship to raise faction without fighting.
2...........Missions for trade ships. If you are flying a trade ship and land on a planet to look for quests you could find delivery quests. Go to planet Barnet and buy 3,000 Medical Suplies and deliver it to plant Zenon. This could reward you with experiance and or faction with the planets owner.

Fighting
1...........When I first started I could not do a level 1 mission at all. just die over and over. In my many hours of play I have seen peaple log in. Run into 1 or 2 planets. Get killed by the Sun. Then get killed by the AI 2 or 3 times then they log out. Im guessing they where haveing as much trouble with the level 1 missions as I was. Im not realy sure how to make this easyer on a new player. If I think of anything I will edit it in here.
2...........Buying new ships. I love the look of all the ships I have seen for sell at planets. But the fighter ships all look to be worse then the one I started out with tho. I dont know if they acualy are, the stats just looks like it. Like I have 3 gun slots and 2 Tech slots. I have seen ships with 2 tech slots but I have never seen any with 3 gun slots. I still may buy one or 2 just to test them out but I dont think they will be as good as my starter ship.

Camera
1...........When docket at a planet and you can see your ship, sometimes the camera just moves way to fast. It would be nice for the camera to only move at one speed.
2...........Hitting the button to look behind you will not work unless you are looking to the left or the right of your ship first.

Other
1............Alt+tab does not work corectly. Anything you try to open, like a webpage or steam for messageing others are always behind the program and cant be used becouse of this. Also cant edit this post wial in-game becouse of this.
2...........Opening map, defualt f2 key, should also close the map when the f2 key is pessed again.
3...........Playing 24 hour challange does not give you experiance
4...........I would like to sell a ship and not exchange it for another one.

Im realy injoying the game. Thank you for makeing this. Reminds me of Freelancer.
Last edited by Quickhand69er; Sep 6, 2013 @ 7:44am
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
warlock[ads]  [developer] Sep 5, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Hi, Thanks for playing the game and thanks for posting feedback.

1) I've thought about this before but never been able to create a method that wasnt exploitable. If you equip a trade ship as a miner then you will gain xp that way. I will take this back into consideration.

2) There are missions for traders however these are quests and dont appear until level 10. I will review why I did that and maybe create more trader only missions / not battle based.

camera, I am redoing the whole on planet rendering system and will review this as part of that upgrade. I will check the back button, Ive never noticed that issue before.

Alt+Tab, Will add to my todo list and figutre it out. Ive never had a problem but I use dual monitors, Will try on another system.

Keys, I will change all the windows keys to close the same window if presses.

Again, Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Quickhand69er Sep 5, 2013 @ 10:43am 
Thank you very much for your reply. Im level 12 and have not seen a trade mission yet. I used to be a humanitarion transporting medical supplies, but thanks to someone who would like to remain anonymous (we will call him guest) sent me on a mission to deliver important papers to the Sparnans. Upon landing I found narcotics. So I am now a drug runner for the Spartan and Mechant Alliance and makeing tons of money. So I now have money to play with and test out more of the game. I just bought mineing lazers so will play with that soon. Im gona test them out on rocks in the Nebula sence im not sure where to go exactly. Also im spreading the word about this game in hopes of getting it more support.
warlock[ads]  [developer] Sep 5, 2013 @ 10:46am 
thanks for the support, Sun Coronas are the best places for mining but are also more difficult to get to. Best to start with normal clouds and nebular. Having more tractor beams with greater range will improve your mining performance. Also try to keep moving forwards slowly as you can drain areas.
Quickhand69er Sep 6, 2013 @ 7:35am 
Updated Other 3 and 4
warlock[ads]  [developer] Sep 6, 2013 @ 1:08pm 
Selling ships has been asked for before, I will add it onto the todo list. Ill check the XP rewards system aswell.
Russian Pig 666 Nov 20, 2013 @ 11:54pm 
Отличная игра, хотелось бы поиграть.
Kaltonse Dec 9, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Just wanted to voice my support for your game. I like the concept and can't wait to see it finished.
Quickhand69er Dec 11, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
feels finished to me, just no players.
scholar_dan Dec 31, 2013 @ 12:43am 
There are several ideas in this game that I really like. I like it being free to play, mmo, rpg, space flight, etc. I like that it can fill the gap Freelancer left for players, since it is near impossible to even buy that game anymore, never mind play it. Your game could be a great addition to Steam.

But I have to say that I found the in-game music really hard to listen to, especially once the synth choral music started. Don't get me wrong: I like a lot of different kinds of music, choral and synth included, but the track in your Greenlight video was rough in places.

I really admire what you are trying to do, so my suggestion is this: try taking a look (or listen, rather) at the in-game music for other sci-fi games. I recommend FTL: Faster Than Light, in particular. (The music in that game is amazing, especially the music for combat.) The music in Galatic Civ 2 and UT2004 is also quite good. These games might give you some more ideas for your own music tracks. Good luck! :)

Edit: I'm upvoting this game.
Last edited by scholar_dan; Dec 31, 2013 @ 12:59am
warlock[ads]  [developer] Dec 31, 2013 @ 4:07am 
Thanks for the feedback scholar_dan, Im just finishing a major update on the graphics. I will add the music to my todo list following that.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50