This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Chasm
Mysterious_S May 6, 2013 @ 7:05pm
What would happen after the kickstarter...
If I may ask, now that the kickstarter has reached its goal, would you keep on working and improving the game beyond how far it got or would you just stop... that is the biggest question roaming around my head.

I would love for this game to know what would happen to the game after it has already gotten so far and accomplished so much... would it accomplish more and more and go beyond how far it has gotten... I may be late or I may be just a bit dumb because it may be obvious what the answer is, but I have no idea and I Really want to know
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Discord Games  [developer] May 7, 2013 @ 9:28am 
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Now that the Kickstarter is successfully funded, we can focus on the game full-time for the next year. ;)
[162nd S.E.D] Monolith Tyriss May 8, 2013 @ 4:35am 
Originally posted by sensorium7:
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Now that the Kickstarter is successfully funded, we can focus on the game full-time for the next year. ;)
Well, I think the real question being asked here, and I'm sure it's on everyone's mind.. is once the funding is done after May 12th, will we still somehow be able to see some of the stretch goal rewards as future features? Personally I love the sound of the Roguelike mode,
and New Game+. But I seriously doubt I could raise 100k in the next couple days. XD
Discord Games  [developer] May 8, 2013 @ 11:23am 
Ah, ok. Yea, we''re going to do our best to make sure we get everything into the game. If we don't reach a stretch goal, that doesn't necessarily mean we won't do it. It's just going to come down to how much time & money we have.

All that said, we do have something awesome in the works that could be a game changer, so please stay tuned ;)
Mysterious_S May 8, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
Sorry that I didn't make everything clear... and thank you Monolith Tyriss for saying what I didnt exactly say.
Mysterious_S May 8, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Also... thank everyone who is trying thier best to create this amazing game for us and continue to work on it for us... I cant wait for the release...
deadering May 9, 2013 @ 2:56am 
Luckily this is just basically before even preorders so there is always the added revenue from regular game sales, which usually prove to be more.
Discord Games  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 10:00am 
We just got the Humble pre-orders up, and yea they'll contribute to the goals too!
Mokki_FiN May 15, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
So, is this game going to be released next year (approximately)? That's what I got from your comment above there. This is the single greatest (non-metroid and non-castlevania) Metroidvania that I've ever seen, and in this case I really want to throw my money at the screen!

This is just so perfect. THANK YOU for this! The last few IGA Castlevanias (or Metroidvanias) have been a bit lackluster so this will be right up my alley and exactly the type of game I've been hunting for over a year or two now. Searching Google, Indie Game -sites, all kinds of places almost weekly until I found this project today at Giantbomb. I just found a couple of cool ones, but they lack the meaty sword/whip etc. combat and smashing things (us Castlevania-freaks are addicted to smashing the candles, I'm sure you've heard of that haha!).

...So, please, work your brains out to deliver the final version as quickly as you can, and I promise I will love you guys forever. If it's next year, it's next year; as long as you keep at it and keep your inspiration high knowing there are people like us who are hyped at the very concept of your game-project!
Fat Pokemon Jul 1, 2013 @ 6:37am 
I do like a game that is supported by the dev's for a long time, not just left out in the cold after release. Hopefully with the amount of funding you will get via steam sales you will be able to preform some of the streach goals that were impossible due to funding constraints.

PS - I wanted to put my money via the kickstarter but sadly I was hard up. As a university student it sucks having no coin at a moment in life when you need it. I will be 100% buying Chasm apon it's release (early release or full)

(C❤A) An!meBoy Jul 2, 2013 @ 8:04am 
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50