This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

8BitBoy
BBBrox May 3, 2013 @ 10:40pm
Trying to play..., but can't so far.
I'm hoping to give this game a try, but so far my attempts have been nothing but frustrating. My experience: brower version doesn't seem to exist anymore. The link takes me to the download for your OS page. Fine, but Win32 doesn't play on my system. I'm running Win8 64, so maybe 64 is the problem. I tried running all the different compat modes, but without success. Windows error and bail to desktop each time.

From the video, and the reason that I'm interested in trying.... the controls look good, the game looks okay (obviously i get the pixel art mario style), but mostly the ideas of the game look interesting. To take a mario game and actually add some new interesting elements ... that's pretty good.

I was interested in tyring the game for myself... but so far haven't been able to. Any help?

Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
mrbiofan12 May 17, 2013 @ 4:52pm 
mhm
Kota May 22, 2013 @ 7:12pm 
32 bit should run easily on 64.. :/
All I can think of is some hardware in your PC is simply weird; or maybe windows firewall could be blocking it. (possibly your antivirus aswell) I recommend poking around with it. Maybe post your PC specs? It'd be great :) might be able to help.
BBBrox May 22, 2013 @ 11:29pm 
Hello and thanks for any help. I'm still trying to find time to play Blood Dragon and now Call of Juarez... but the fact that this still doesn't run for me, is a bit of a bug to me (mine...I'm not saying it's a game problem).

The game runs fine until it get to the Awesome Blade logo screen.... then fail.

What's the best way to post system info? I do not have problem running anything else... and that includes lots of games, and lots of different genres.

Basic system specs:
Win8 64 Pro. Up to date.
16GB ram
Intel i5-2500K 3.3ghz (running at default 'turbo', but no additional overclock right now)
Geforce GTX 660 Ti 1GB

It's a windows error ("8bitboy has stopped working"), and doesn't seem to be antivirus or firewall related.... but it can be a challenge to determine sometimes.

As I said, any suggestions would be great, but it's not exactly the end of the world if I can't get the beta/demo of it working. Looks interesting and well done, so my support is behind the team getting it out there, and maybe the final version.. and up to date demo, may simply work for me.

All the best!
AwesomeBlade  [developer] Jun 14, 2013 @ 12:52am 
Make sure you have the newest gfx drivers. Otherwise install the Chrome Browser and get a free copy in the Chrome Web Store. Cheers!
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50