Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

NPC Tools
hubert Feb 1, 2014 @ 9:32pm
Patrol Points
So, i got this addon and then i want to make a save about a defense game. But i wonder how to make the NPCs follow Patrol Points. I tried to search up the tutorial on YouTube, but there is no video for how to use Patrol Points.

Like all my other questions, don't say things like "I do not know how to do that." or anything like that.

NOTE: This issue has been answered. No need to respond.
Last edited by hubert; Feb 15, 2015 @ 3:14pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
SHλDE Mar 4, 2014 @ 12:20am 
Dude i have the same problem, ive been trying to get npc's to follow the damn nodes for ages now and its driving me insane. You don't happen to know how to do this now, since it's been a while you posted this (Or anyone else, for that matter)?
hubert Mar 4, 2014 @ 3:03am 
Well, in a sort of way yes.
Last edited by hubert; Jul 25, 2015 @ 12:08pm
Hyena Mar 9, 2014 @ 11:48am 
So is there any fix for that? I have the same problem, npc's just don't want to follow nodes. Please help!
hubert Mar 9, 2014 @ 2:21pm 
I don't even know how, because i don't know ether.
The only way I found to work the patrol points is to deploy one spawner in a hidden place, place the patrol points, then deploy another in the place you want; the spawned npc's from the second spawner will follow the points as you want it. For some reason, the first spawner's npc's don't follow the points but the second one does.
Hyena Mar 16, 2014 @ 3:15am 
It works, thanks bro!
The Fool Apr 14, 2014 @ 1:41pm 
ive found you have to put down the patrol points first then make a spawner close to the beginning. however my problem is having multipule patrols
Nightingale33 Jun 29, 2014 @ 7:54am 
Originally posted by Punchydroid:
The only way I found to work the patrol points is to deploy one spawner in a hidden place, place the patrol points, then deploy another in the place you want; the spawned npc's from the second spawner will follow the points as you want it. For some reason, the first spawner's npc's don't follow the points but the second one does.
That suggests that if you can place the patrol points first they should follow.
dino Jul 26, 2014 @ 7:15pm 
You also have to make sure that the map is noded for Npc's
Not all maps have these, and they are important for Npc's to find their way across the map.
Frost Aug 16, 2014 @ 2:48am 
I actually fount this: i was on gm_genesis,the first thing i did is finding the noded places e.g the road,than i set patrol points in a non-noded area,it works,as far as the first patrol point is in a noded area! But you have to place the patrol points first
xremeidiot Sep 4, 2014 @ 2:16pm 
Originally posted by Super Buu:
ive found you have to put down the patrol points first then make a spawner close to the beginning. however my problem is having multipule patrols

Yeah, is there any way to set up multiple patrol paths?
Bastard Children Oct 15, 2014 @ 1:53pm 
Originally posted by xremeidiot:
Originally posted by Super Buu:

Yeah, is there any way to set up multiple patrol paths?
Dudebro Oct 20, 2014 @ 6:49am 
First Place patrol pints , then the spawner
:scythe:
T0m50n Oct 26, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
Originally posted by Strategic_CHIEF:
You also have to make sure that the map is noded for Npc's
Not all maps have these, and they are important for Npc's to find their way across the map.

And how do I know if the map is noded for NPC's?
WholeSaleColt5 Nov 6, 2014 @ 5:29pm 
ill make a youtube videon on this check it out on my channel Noah Fielder give me a day or two
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Per page: 1530 50