This software has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this software. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Action! Screen Recorder
Mirillis  [developer] Oct 20, 2012 @ 6:32am
Action! Q&A
If you have any questions regarding Action! do not hesitate to ask us. Feel free to contact us also via support@mirillis.com.
Showing 1-15 of 141 comments
< >
Ryuuji Oct 20, 2012 @ 2:27pm 
Question! How is it going to be regarding software updates if a client buys the Steam distributed version? Will we have to buy the next big release (I know smaller upgrades will be free as stated in your website)? Will we get an upgrade discount or even make it completely free?
Mirillis  [developer] Oct 21, 2012 @ 2:17am 
@Ryuuji referring to our terms of sale Action! (and other products too) users are entitled to free updates (major and minor) within the purchased version. I.e. if you purchased Action! during version 1.x.x you are entitled to free updates till version 1.99.99. Upgrading to version 2.0 will be only optional and current users will receive an upgrade discount, but it's too early to even talk about 2.0.
User With No Name Oct 21, 2012 @ 4:37pm 
It sound like a neat little video recorder and I wouldn't mind having it to record things from time to time. If this get Greenlighted, do you have plans to somehow intergrate it with the Steam Overlay so I can start recording in-game rather than having to minimize the game I'm to start it, or start recording before I have to start the game?
Mirillis  [developer] Oct 22, 2012 @ 3:19am 
It's to early to talk about features like this. Steam provide their API after a software is picked up on Greenlight. We can promise that we will look into it and see if such a feature is possible once we get Steam API.
User With No Name Oct 23, 2012 @ 7:54pm 
Ahh ok. Did not know that. Though it would be a much appreciated feature. Best of luck to you.
Petekaboo Oct 24, 2012 @ 3:30am 
Good question, User With No Name. I would like to see it happened too.
♋slayer♋ Tuxw☠rth Oct 24, 2012 @ 9:39am 
how would i ues it/start the recording? would it work in cs:s?
Mirillis  [developer] Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:49am 
You simply start and end your game recording with F9 key (default hotkey). It should work in CS:S. We tested it and also seen some video footage recorded with Action! in this game.
♋slayer♋ Tuxw☠rth Oct 24, 2012 @ 11:02am 
ok sweet! i am so going to get this if it works.
GTGD Oct 25, 2012 @ 11:25pm 
Is Action capable of video editing, noise cancellation, zoom n pan like Camtasia Studio or is it only for screen recording?
Mirillis  [developer] Oct 26, 2012 @ 2:26am 
@GTGD: Currently it's only for screen activity recording, but our future plans include a video editing features in Action!
Little Bit of Shaq-Fu Oct 27, 2012 @ 5:58pm 
Will Action! be able to record other peoples voices from programs like Skype, while I record games?
unpronounceable Oct 27, 2012 @ 8:13pm 
Is recording directly into x264 available if my computer doesn't have Quicksync capabilities? How is the CPU load when recording losslessly?
Mirillis  [developer] Oct 28, 2012 @ 1:53pm 
@Hiphopopotamus: Action! is recording all system sounds, that include voices from other programs like Skype.

@unpronounceable: Yes, it's available but only 480p. About CPU, Action! is offering world's best recording performance you probably won't notice that Action! is running.
Last edited by Mirillis; Oct 28, 2012 @ 1:58pm
krAken Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:25am 
How much would this amazing tool cost us?
Showing 1-15 of 141 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50