This software is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this software selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Construct 2
Scirra  [developer] Oct 22, 2012 @ 6:06am
Tell Greenlight: What's your favourite thing about Construct 2?
Let Steam Greenlight know what your favourite thing is about Construct 2 and why you think we should be on Steam!
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
M4CC4M Oct 22, 2012 @ 6:39am 
C2 is a good easy tool, its developers are friendly, and it has a very approachable community. Even if you know nothing about programming, you will make a game. Part of its magic is that it will passively teach you programming concepts, just for that alone it's worth it for every would be developer/hobbyist.
MIK MANNER Oct 22, 2012 @ 8:08am 
It's the fastest way to execute on an idea I've found from using MMF2, Game Maker, Unity and Game Salad. Super rapid prototyping. For example, I made this in only a couple of hours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MH0mAEk5Ek&feature=plcp

I started using Construct with no prior programming ability, within the limitations of making 2D games, I think it would be difficult to find something you couldn't do with it.
Coldbanken Oct 22, 2012 @ 8:30am 
Is a very solid game engine, you can make almost any concept of 2d game in a few hours (or minutes) Also the support for bugs are fixed really fast.
And of course the community, always helping each other and very active, with a lot of contests and stuff!
Chait Oct 22, 2012 @ 9:27am 
C2 became an easy solution to my prototyping needs. Before knowing C2 I used Game Maker for this, which is also an awesome tool, but the balance between "code" and "icons" wasn't right for me. With C2, The event → action system is really easy to understand and it's pre-built behaviors allow for really damn fast development.

In conclusion, for anyone looking to develop 2D games, C2 is a really useful tool.
EgoAnt Oct 22, 2012 @ 10:23am 
My favourite thing about Construct 2 is how ALIVE the community and development team are. This is definitely an engine that is full-featured and growing daily.
SimplyPhy Oct 22, 2012 @ 11:02am 
I love the visual event editor. It's exactly the method I want to use when creating games, and C2 does it right. Everything is clean, organized, and fast. And there is no compromise for power; no matter how many events you have, everything runs beautifully. It makes it a lot of fun to create games.

Secondly for me is the community. Someone is always around to lend a hand, and in big ways if you need it.
ManuX Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:14pm 
AMAZING piece of software, i'm not a programmer, and i'm impressed by how easy is to put your ideas into a game, and the community, AWESOME, if you have a question there is always someone willing to answer it, and they do it fast.
Thanks Scirra for an amazing software, i hope you keep on growing and i would love to see C2 on STEAM...
Przemek32767 Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:24pm 
Let's see... It's incredibly easy to use, it creates games that work almost everywhere (HTML5 is great) and don't make the entire browser unresponsive like Flash does to me, it can be extended with third party plugins, it's well documented[www.scirra.com], it's updated frequently, it's being developed by awesome people, it has an awesome community, it has a genuinely useful free edition and it has a great pricing (both paid editions have exactly the same functionality, the license lasts forever, all updates are free and you don't have to pay extra for additional features).

Oh, there are also competitions where you can win Construct 2 licenses or other goodies.
Last edited by Przemek32767; Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:24pm
FetusCommander Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:27pm 
Construct 2 is great for quick prototyping of 2D games, but the best thing i've found about it is the Community. Everyone is always willing to help out newbies and it's easy to get your foot in the door (the fact that the software itself is so easy to use helps this). Construct 2 is an amazing piece of software, and as far as community, it's heads and shoulders above the competition.
\Whiteclaws Oct 22, 2012 @ 12:30pm 
Firstly , Because of the reasons told before my post and Secondly , The two compagnies win in this deal ! First of all , C2 developpers gets a place where to sell the game and another friendly community and Steam gets a big profit from the indie developpers !
˥∀pN∀ΛƆN∀W Oct 22, 2012 @ 4:41pm 
THE best 2D game creation software out there.

Easy to use UI, quick results with amazing effects and possibilities within no time. Given enough time though a professional game is in reach of anyone, without a line of code being written.

The community is great, with everyone willing to help each other, to the point of creating demos to help you out.

Good interaction with the developers, both being regulars on the forums and updates released all the time, adding more and more.

Plugins written by the community too that add features not currently implimented.

All in all, it's the best game / app creator I've used (having used most of the others) and the one I'll be sticking with.
Last edited by ˥∀pN∀ΛƆN∀W; Oct 22, 2012 @ 4:42pm
QatariGameDev Oct 23, 2012 @ 10:01pm 
My Favorite thing about construct 2 is the way it's aimed and designed, Construct 2 aimed to be powerful yet easy and innovative for non programer to create original games, unlike many other tools out their when they just have lack of pre-builts drag drop and if you want something beyond that, you will just get that " learn the use of whatever programing language", that's the general.

but what i love about construct 2 more, is the physics and platform behavior, which useful for rapid developments, if you are a game maker user like me, don't ignore to use construct 2, in fact you can use the both tool to create an amazing games, for example despite the lack of tilesets, i already can make a rich level in gamemaker studio than import it to construct 2, and continue the development from that's points, which in fact will save you a lot of time when you want to port your game from GMS to C2 or have team who familiar with C2 over GMS and Vice versa .
http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/63/importing-gamemaker-rooms-and-objects-to-construct-2-free-edition/page-1

Construct 2 is more open, more friendly, more willing to listen to your suggestions and criticisms as well, it's more care to improve, it has frequent updates, it's his unique community and an amazing developers behind it ;).
Genki Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:44pm 
Every gamer has aspirations to make a game at some point. And there is plenty of competition out there! Why would anyone be interested in Construct 2? The answer to this is you will find out within a week of using this software (even if you 0 experience).

Production is unbelievably fast. You can have your game up and running in no time. The community is teaming with people eager to learn more (which means that if your polite then all of your questions will be answered - for a mutual benefit). No matter how basic, that is if a similar question hasnt already been asked by someone in the past.

The only problem with this software is that not enough people know about it yet!
Last edited by Genki; Oct 24, 2012 @ 10:47pm
|UKMD| Pixael Oct 25, 2012 @ 1:42pm 
It's probably the best 2D game maker out there. It literally kicks the competition in the nads.
lucid Nov 2, 2012 @ 1:30pm 
C2 is the only 2d game authoring tool I've ever seen that can genuinely claim to be easy to use, powerful, and fun. It is the future of 2d webdevelopment
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50