This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Against the Wall
TsaebehT Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:50am
Stereoscopic 3D Support?
Are you considering or would you consider stereoscopic 3D support? (NVIDIA 3D Vision/AMD HD3D/TriDef) Adding depth/height to the visuals would definitely enhance the "feeling" of climbing up a sheer wall.

I'd also suggest controller support, with rumble.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Acheron  [developer] Feb 16, 2013 @ 9:43pm 
Hmm, interesting. I was not really considering stereoscopic 3D. I'll look into it. I've already added controller and Xbox controller support, with rumble. Just a note, I managed to try out an Oculus Rift the other day. The feeling of vertigo while wearing it was rather intense. Will be testing the game with a dev unit if I can get my hands on one. Thanks for the question!
Qon Mar 29, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
Rift + against the wall will be a fantastic qombo! Does this mean it is decided that it will support Ridt? Then you should add it to the description, that will get you upvotes. ;)
And get into the Rift supported games list(s ?) also!
Zerdath May 7, 2013 @ 9:03pm 
Oh my god, I think I would freak the hell out trying to play this with a Rift. (I'm a little acrophobic.) :) Although I have heard it makes jumping much easier.
TsaebehT May 8, 2013 @ 1:55pm 
You probably wouldn't do much better with a game like Dishonored in just 3D either. I'm currently playing Dishonored with 3D Vision (HeliX Mod) and with the right convergence setting, higher FOV, and a on big screen I get such a sense of height out of it, I really feel it in the pit of my stomach at times ... like on top of Kaldwin's Bridge. :D
Acheron  [developer] Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
Yeah, I tried out the OR a few times, and I will soon have regular access to a set. I'll experiment, but I won't advertise support until I get it somewhat functional. Wary of over-promising.
JoeB666 Aug 4, 2013 @ 2:23pm 
I just played through the Alpha with 3D Vision (Nvidia's implementation of stereoscopic 3D). As long as I disabled shadows and bloom (I believe), there were no issues (whatsoever) with Stereoscopic 3D. It would be nice for shadows to work with 3D Vision, but honestly, so long as the game 3D Vision is not broken between the beta and the final version, I'm happy. (Or happy enough: so many games are utterly broken, before Helix Mods fix them. And such games, if released with Direct X 11, are irrevocably screwed.) Looking forward to the game, by the way!

And while I'm not acrophobic (though, honestly, any normal person is afraid of *falling* from heights), there were a couple of times that I had that "sinking" feeling, while playing the game. Awesome :)

Regarding phobias: although it would probably be a good idea to talk to a psychologist before trying this (to avoid somehow increasing a phobia), I think that virtual reality could be an excellent way to "desentize" yourself to heights as a cause of fear: playing the game with the Rift might be a good way to reduce acrophobia. The reasoning: if you're doing something fun, you reinterpre the threatening stimulus (e.g. arachnids, heights, or whatever) as being less threatening.
Last edited by JoeB666; Aug 4, 2013 @ 2:36pm
TsaebehT Aug 4, 2013 @ 7:07pm 
That's great news, hopefully it stays that way. What version of DirectX does the game use?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50