This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Against the Wall
Sgt.Psycho Apr 23, 2013 @ 4:31am
Was this inspired by the "Stone & Sky" or "On" novels?
Stone & Sky's blog entry by Graham Edwards[grahamedwardsonline.wordpress.com]
Wikipedia entry[en.wikipedia.org] ISBN links.

On's blog entry by Adam Roberts[www.adamroberts.com]
Wikipedia[en.wikipedia.org]

When I first saw this I thought, "wow, how mind-bogglingly original!" but I just happened to come across an out-of-print copy of Volume 1 of the Stone Trilogy, and it appears to uncomfortably close in design.

Last edited by Sgt.Psycho; Apr 23, 2013 @ 4:45am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Acheron  [developer] May 6, 2013 @ 10:11pm 
Nope. Didn't know about On until a fan pointed it out to me. Still haven't read it. Never heard of Stone and Sky until just now. I should probably check these things out for inspiration. There's also this one called Farewell Horizontal, but that world is more of a large cylinder, from what I hear. Nothing new under the Sun anyway.
Sgt.Psycho May 7, 2013 @ 2:38am 
Fair call. Originally I was blown away by how original the idea was, but then as I wrote that, I did find that there's at least three seperate literary references, and (I guess) who knows how many artistic ones. As you say, there's nothing new, although I bet the authors concerned would be surprised to find out how unoriginal their idea was.

I'm about half-way through the demo and hope to post a review soon.

Good luck with it!
Acheron  [developer] May 10, 2013 @ 9:42am 
Thanks for the lead on Stone and Sky, by the way. It's good to be familiar with similar work, in case someone brings this up in future conversations. As to originality, nothing is created in a vacuum: my main literary inspiration for Against the Wall is actually the Library of Babel, and in terms of games, the Portal series and Journey. Without them, this game would not exist. Let me know when the review is up. I would like to hear your feedback on it.
Sgt.Psycho May 10, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
Acheron  [developer] May 14, 2013 @ 8:42pm 
Thank you! Interesting feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to deconstruct the demo a bit.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50