This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Pixel: ru²
Wolfenhex  [developer] Oct 9, 2012 @ 12:14pm
Suggestion Box
If you have any ideas or suggestions on things to add to the game -- or things you don't like and want removed -- please post them here.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Youth Worship Explosion Oct 10, 2012 @ 10:48am 
This game looks interesting, and I don't really mind the minimalist graphical style overall, but you need to make this thing easier on the eyes. The foreground and background clash pretty badly.
Wolfenhex  [developer] Oct 10, 2012 @ 11:03am 
There are already video settings to address this. You can change the contrast between the foreground and the background, change the amount of background layers, and change everything but the key entities to grayscale. I am also working on other settings like a colorblind mode and a way of adjusting the palettes so that you can change the shade of the colors to darker or lighter.
singular1ty94 Oct 12, 2012 @ 1:34am 
Hmm, after playing the demo for a while, I'd say that I love the idea, but it feels occasionally like far too much is going on - color wise, and feature wise. There's not really a clear direction -- is this a platformer? A puzzler? A shooter? A psychedelic criticism of the 16-million pixel JPEG formats? I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed. I got stuck on 'Hello World' without any clear idea of where to go, and found that those little boxes that you're meant to move around for jumping on, don't respawn if you push them off into the infinite void...

The gravity changing is a hoot, but I'd love that to be a feature that the player could turn on and off when they want, rather than only at specific points.
Changing all the colours is fun, and I like the add/subtract boxes that change your colour, and love those little gradient boxes that work one way, not the other.

Don't have an issue with background images, they look great, though a little more balancing of contrast would help, as I think I'd get a headache after prolonged play. As for the shooting, I'd just suggest you add a repeat when the player's holding down the mouse button.

In all, despite a really long post, the game is really great, and has potential. Rather than just being another hater and dissing your game, I thought I'd give you some constructive help. I'm going to try and complete the demo though, just to see what other goodies are hiding in the game, but for now that's my two cents! :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I got through hello world - the red box wasn't needed you little bugger! :D I just got the hang of jumping with respect to gravity...nicely implemented...
Last edited by singular1ty94; Oct 12, 2012 @ 1:37am
Wolfenhex  [developer] Oct 12, 2012 @ 6:11am 
Thank you very much for all the feedback.

The game is a combination of the three genres and I'm trying to make sure each is used to it's fullest. There is a level editor so players can make levels for each other as simple or complex as they want. I plan on setting up a place for levels to be uploaded and downloaded where you will be able to find levels focusing on one specific genre if desired.

I'm glad you figured out that the red block (actually that is a passive enemy) isn't needed. On the Syntax Error level the red block is needed and does respawn.

The gravity changing at specific points is part of the puzzle and platforming. It will be used more and get more complex in later levels of the game. Your idea of being able to manipulate gravity when you want is something that might show up in certain levels of the game, but having it all the time would break some aspects of the gameplay.

There is an option to change the contrast in the video settings.

Right now there are 4 weapons, two of them repeat quickly when you shoot them.

I really appreciate the feedback, thank you again.
Bootou Jun 18, 2013 @ 2:16pm 
what platforms with this game be on im asking cause i use a mac and its hard to find mac games to enjoy
Wolfenhex  [developer] Jul 3, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
Our primary target platform is Windows, but a native Linux version is also being worked on and we also would like to bring the game to Mac as well. We are using Mono and OpenGL, so that opens the doors to natively supporting a lot of platforms.
Raven Snowfall Jan 22 @ 10:30am 
Will we see Steam achievements if it gets Greenlit?
Wolfenhex  [developer] Jan 22 @ 9:45pm 
Yup, you'll have steam achievements and other SteamWorks support.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 15 30 50