Orcs Must Die! 2

Orcs Must Die! 2

Craft Your Own Spellbook
Modify and share your own Spellbook items like traps, trinkets, weapons, and character costumes. Create custom waves of enemies for Orcs Must Die! 2 fortresses. Read the Starter Guide for more information.
[MVG] Hells Nov 30, 2013 @ 1:26pm
modifying the game files so it saves when you use a mod
Has anyone else tried to change the code so it will save when you use mods? ive been trying to dig through the code but no luck so far, plus i dont have the necesary programs to edit/open alot of the file.
Thoughts and discussion? lets figure this out and fix the game
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
[MVG] Hells Nov 30, 2013 @ 3:46pm 
and everyone should email robot entertainment requesting to fix the issue
Gravelord Caste Dec 1, 2013 @ 11:02am 
I'm assuming you believe that the mods preventing any sort of saving is a bug or something. From what I can recall - and it's been a while, so my memory might not be 100% accurate - it's intentional. Probably because someone can create mods that give you X skulls or, as discussed in an earlier thread, you can get "cheat weapons".

I'm not certain either way, but that's probably the most plausible explination. Besides, there isn't really much need to save in any capacity with the mods.
Last edited by Gravelord Caste; Dec 1, 2013 @ 11:02am
[MVG] Hells Dec 1, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
we already know it was intentional. im saying has anyone else besides me tried to fix it so it does save when you use mods. because come on. who cares if we use mods or cosmetic mods. there are people ACTUALLY CHEATING. look at the 1.8 BILLION score on wave 6. that is BS. It wont harm anything to let us actually use our mods and have it save. its annoying playing through the campaign with a cosmetic only for it not to save that u did the campaign
Gravelord Caste Dec 4, 2013 @ 9:40am 
(you might want to take what I say with a pinch o' salt)

Mods are mods, no matter if they affect form or function. No idea how people get incredible scores as that (I don't play for points anyway), but that's probably part of the point for ROBOT's desicion: if one could create mods allowing people racking up insane scores, then 1.8 billion points would end up being about as significant as a dead ant, to say nothing of going through Nightmare Difficulty. While they could have created an individual modded save, inaffective for trophies and points, this would be a different (and possibly worse) version what we already have. Either way, and this is just my opinion, it does seem kinda redundant to go through the campaign with mods of any flavour.

I don't know where the saved data goes: if it's in one of ROBOT's servers, then you're out of luck. If it's inside your machine, there might just be a possibility it's doable. However, if it is, and this is speculation, I very much doubt anyone would stand forward, since they could get screwed over.

I haven't got much else to say, other than by saying "fix", it kinda sounds like the game itself is broken.
[MVG] Hells Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:12am 
the 1.8billion score is BECAUSE they hacked/trainer/cheated somehow. all the scores are in the hundred of thousands reaching millions and thats with ALOT of rounds. the 1.8 billion was in SIX rounds which is IMPOSSIBLE. what ROBOT tried to prevent they are not actually preventing and are instead just hurting those that want to have fun with the mods. and if you are playing with mods it is NOT for score anyways
Gravelord Caste Dec 5, 2013 @ 3:59am 
Okay, I decided to log on and take a look at the leaderboards for Endless Tunnels. The guy currently at rank 12 as I type this has apparantly got 100,012,054 points... in 2 waves.

Well, there goes any doubts I had XD. There's also a couple of players who's waves numbers don't show up, including the guy at the top, which might be related to why they seem to have done the impossible. But that's a longshot, and a possible digression.

As for using mods for points, you might not be bothered, and I certainly aren't, but there are people out there who would. Not that said points are worth anything anyway.

I have the feeling we might need a third person in this conversation. Just for a broarder view, if nothing else.
Last edited by Gravelord Caste; Dec 5, 2013 @ 4:00am
My Documents\Shiner\ called profiles.xml.bak That's your backup save file/profile automatically made by the game.

C:Program Files\Steam\userdata\14582041\201790\remote )
There is your active profile, the first set of numbers will be different for your steam app but the 201790 is the same for everyone with this game.

There you go, go nuts.
[MVG] Hells Jan 14, 2014 @ 11:00pm 
so copy the active to the backup before you quit?
BeatleSanders Apr 27, 2014 @ 11:38am 
why don't they make is so it's just a new game so it dosen't save in the non modded game but the modded saved game
[MVG] Hells Apr 27, 2014 @ 8:31pm 
yea even that would work
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50